Portrait

After five minutes I heard someone ring the bell. I ran to see if it was Carolyn.
No,  it was a parcel for me. My heart dropped instantly.
It was from my mom. It was one of the paintings I had drawn years ago.

It was....well..... weird. I hadn't seen it in years. It also had a note attached to it.

"Found it during the cleaning of the house. Thought you would like it. Hope you are okay. Call me when you get it. Take care Hunny.!"

Something was still amiss about the painting. Then I looked at the painting very intently and remembered why had I drawn it in the first place. It showed a sixteen-year-old sweet girl with her boyfriend enjoying her life. It was me three years ago. When all of my life was on track. I had a loving boyfriend. My family. Good grades.

But life is unpredictable.

It is reckless waiting to destroy everything the moment something good happens.

After that night everything changed. It broke me emotionally until I couldn't trust my own reflection. I was left alone and cold.  My life started to fall apart. To the limit where I wanted to kill myself. The thoughts made me wanna throw up even now. I still had all the cuts on my arm from that night.

But now the times were different I left my country and made a new start.

I reminded myself.

But trust ? It was gone forever until Carolyn came around. She made me trust her.

This painting would only remind me of all the good changes in my life.  At least that's what I thought but every time I looked at it I was reminded of him.

His beautiful green eyes, his warmth, his perfect face, the feel of his breath on my skin, the sensation of his lips on my lips but above all..........

His betrayal.

The bell rang again and I came out of my daydreams. It was Carolyn on the door. It looked like she had run all the way up. I let her in. She stared at me and waited for me to describe all of it here.

I told her about everything and showed her the note.

We had known each other for only two years but it was like we connected on a deeper level. Like I couldn't even imagine a day at college without her. She was always there when I needed her. We were just such different personalities.

I was not attractive, healthy and nerdy. While she was thin, attractive and the famous one at school. The only things we literally had in common was long blonde hair and white skin. It at first was surprising how we even got along but we have been besties for two whole years and still going strong.

She looked at me and said.
" Look it could be a prank but I think that is a minimum possibility. Now we have two main things at hand
First, figure out what happened to you in the last two days.
Second, save everyone you know.   And I don't think we should go to the police seeing that you are already a suspect and the intruder has left you a clear warning. Let's start  by making a list of everyone close to you." She said calmly.

Too calmly for such an adverse situation. She had answered as if I had asked her who was the next winner of AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL. But seeing that I was already freaking out she decided to act the mature one maybe.
" That sounds alright"  that's all I could think of
So we started our list.

"Mom
Carolyn
Caster(My Brother)
Kevin(My ex and still close friend)"

I couldn't think of any more people I loved.

"This is it, Carolyn"

"But these are only 4 the letter says seven."

" I know but I can't think of anymore. I am just so exhausted that I can barely think straight. And all of these things are so strange I think it has something to do with the last two days." Truly I looked like I hadn't slept in days though I had slept till late in the morning today itself.

"Hmmmmm.. why don't you take some rest and we see what to do after that?"

I looked at the clock it was almost 7:00 in the evening. Wow, where had the time flown? I sure needed some rest. With my head still hurting.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys and gals!! How was it??
I have decided to shorten this chapter...
Please tell me what do you think of it??
Please do vote and comment.