Chapter 3

Kali tossed and turned on her bad mattress as she had woken up from the bright sunlight shining in her face. As she started to feel around her mattress, something felt seriously off. 

"Dylan?! Dolly?!" 

The two dalmatians were gone!

Kali immediately got up and started searching around the entire apartment for them. You'd think it be a lot more difficult for the tomboy to hide two dogs in a tiny apartment. But what was worse for her, was keeping an eye on the troublesome dalmatian siblings. 

Kali kept quietly rushing around the apartment while the rest of her foster family was still asleep, until she gasped, frozen in her tracks. 

Dolly had climbed up on top of the refrigerator where Princess was while Dylan watched his sister nervously, trying to get her to come down. 

"Dolly, No!" Kali whispered loudly, fearing the worst. 

Too late, Dolly suddenly leaped for Princess who quickly dodged her, jumped off the fridge and began running through the apartment. 

"Bow Whacka Wow!" Dolly cried out as she immediately took off after the cat, knocking over everything in the apartment, creating a huge mess. 

God knows how no one else in the apartment, let alone the entire building didn't hear all that noise. 

"Oh my dog! Oh my dog! Oh my dog!" Dylan was having a panic attack, fearing they were so going to get caught. Especially now that Princess knew Kali had snuck dogs into the apartment. 

Kali then caught Dolly, grabbing a firm hold on the rebellious dalmatian while Kali threw the cat into the closet and blocked the door with a chair as the cat started meowing. 

Kali brought both dogs quickly back into her room and slammed the door shut. 

"Thanks for the heart attack!" the tomboy glared at the two of them. 

"Me? The cat started it!" Dolly defended herself. "That walking hairball dared me. She was taunting me!" 

"Oh, sure, always blame the cat" Dylan looked sarcastically to his stepsister. 

Just then, the three friends heard voices. "Of course I checked in there, maybe they're in Kali's room"

The three of them gasped and quickly rushed over to the window, where Kali opened it to let Dylan and Dolly out onto the fire escape. 

"Stay close, guys" Kali told them before closing the window. 

Just in time too, as Slem barged in with shaving cream all over his face. 

"Did I leave my shaver in here?" he asked Kali. 

The adventurous tomboy sighed, knowing this was going to be another one hell of a day for her with her terrible foster family. 

Dylan and Dolly were able to climb down the fire escape, and were rather skillful at doing it. Well, Dolly mostly. The dalmatian siblings walked down the alleyway a few blocks, soon meeting up with Friday. 

"Hi, guys!" the jack russel terrier wagged his tail once he saw his friends come over to him. 

"Morning, Friday" Dylan greeted. 

"At least it's Friday. Just be glad it's not Monday" Dolly made a joke and began cracking up. 

Dylan rolled his eyes slightly towards his sister while Friday titled his head, not quite getting the joke. 

Dylan then turned to ask Friday. "How are you feeling today?"

"Hungry" Friday moaned.  

"Aren't we all" Dolly added in complaint. "I almost had a whole cat for breakfast"