Chapter 8

"Did you get a hold of Bernie yet?" Slem asked. 

"I'm on hold!" Roxanne said, as she was on the phone. 

"Well, tell them it's an emergency" Slem said, glaring over at Kali. "Tell them I'm being stolen from" 

"Tell who? I'm on hold!" Roxanne yelled at her husband. 

Kali looked out the window. She could hear the dogs barking in the distance, knowing that they needed her right now. 

"Don't think this means that-" Roxanne turned to Kali, but she and Slem saw that the girl had disappeared. 

Back at the hotel, the chaos kept getting worse and worse, as soon the whole pack was chasing after Georgia, wanting her bone.   

The hotel soon became a big mess while the dogs kept chasing after Georgia. 

Kali ran down the street as fast as she could when she suddenly bumped into Bruce on the way. 

"Sorry" he apologized to her. 

"That's okay" Kali told him, brushing herself off. 

"Come on! Let's get to the dogs!" Bruce told her as they took off running again, hearing the dogs barking in the distance. 

They soon both came up to the hotel and opened the door. 

They came in to find the place a mess and the room rather vacant. The two kids saw their dogs as they had entered. 

"Friday?" Bruce looked to his dog.  

"Dylan? Dolly?" Kali looked to her two dalmatians.  

The three dogs didn't say anything as they just hung their head down, feeling they had failed their masters. 

The two kids came into another room where all the chaos was taking place. All the dogs were gathered around a telephone booth, barking as Georgia had locked herself inside with her bone. 

Meanwhile, Bruce had also been caught by his foster parents for stealing their stuff and Carl and Lois had followed the kids inside the hotel, but ended up getting lost and fell out through the shoot, into the dumpster filled with bags of dog doo.  

Bruce and Kali came up to the telephone booth and Bruce opened the door, getting Georgia out. 

"Drop it! Georgia, drop it!" Bruce tried getting the feisty Boston terrier to let go of the bone. "Georgia, let go of it!" 

"Georgia, drop it, please!" Kali begged the tiny Boston terrier. 

"Bruce! Kali!" they then heard Andi's voice call out and turned to see her come in.  

"What happened?" she asked them. 

"Don't ask" Kali replied, sighing.  

"What happened with you?" Bruce asked his sister, seeing that her dress was a mess. 

But before Andi could answer, the kids suddenly heard police sirens outside. They came up and peaked out through some boarded up holes and saw some police cars and officers had pulled up in front of the building. 

"Oh, no!" they gasped, knowing this was bad. 

The three kids rushed back into the room with the dogs and Andi grabbed the dog whistle, coming up at the foot of the stairs and blew it. 

All the dogs immediately followed after Andi once she blew the whistle, running upstairs to get away and hide from the cops. 

"Quick, guys, go, go!" Kali and Bruce told them, while Bruce shut off all the lights in the building.