Chapter 9

2 Days Later~

"Tomorrow morning for all of them" one of the animal control officers declared for all the dogs to be put down first thing tomorrow. 

"Yep" another one said, closing a cage door. 

The dogs all started barking at the heartless animal control officers.  

"We're gonna be busy" the first officer said. 

"I can use the overtime" another one added. 

Friday, Dylan and Dolly were chained up at the end of the hallway in a corner with some other dogs, looking to each other. 

"We can't let this happen" Dylan said. 

"We gotta do something!" Dolly added, ready to take action. 

"Well then, what are we standing around here for?" Friday asked his friends, having a plan. 

Just like earlier when Friday had been tied up before, he grabbed the leash in his mouth and pulled back, making his collar slip right off him. Dylan and Dolly did the same thing. 

The three dogs waited until the animal control officers opened the door and left. The three sneaky dogs quickly slipped out through the door and came outside. They had escaped. 

"Alright!" Dolly cheered. 

"Now, we have to find our owners" Friday told his friends. 

"But how?" Dylan asked. "We have no idea where they are"

"I can always find Andi and Bruce" Friday replied determinedly, before he sniffed the air and quickly picked up their scents. "This way!"

And with that, the three dogs quickly rushed off to go and find their owners to hopefully save the rest of the dogs. 

Elsewhere, Kali was at her different foster home for girls, sitting on the couch as the TV was on showing a very sad commercial about dogs in the pound. 

"Could you please turn that off?" Kali asked one of the other girls who was sitting on the couch by her. 

The other girl turned off the TV, but Kali could still hear barking. This made the tomboy lift her head up, looking confused and came over up to the window. 

She couldn't believe who she saw. 

There outside, was Dylan and Dolly calling to her, with Friday, Andi and Dave also there. 

Kali rushed outside and reunited with her two dogs. 

"Oh, Kali. We thought we'd never see you again!" Dylan and Dolly both licked their human companion's face, getting her covered in wet dog slobber. 

"Dylan! Dolly! Oh, good dogs! I missed you too" Kali hugged the two dalmatian siblings. 

The gang then soon went to find Bruce outside on the steps of his foster home. He was surprised to see them. 

"Hey!" Andi and Kali both smiled, greeting him. "You busy?"

"Bruce!" Friday then came running up and jumped into his boy's arms. 

"Friday!" Bruce was overjoyed to see his dog and hugged him. "Oh, good boy. Good boy"

After a brief reunion, the gang all gathered together for a plan of action. 

"So what's the plan?" Bruce asked the gang. 

"The dogs have less than a day left" Andi replied. "We've got to get them out of there now!"