Chapter 2: Thing Called Betrayal

It's been months since the Winter Cup end. They won, Seirin High School Basketball Club became the number one in Japan as what he promised to be. However, this isn't what he expect the consequence would be. Because he trusted them, yet, they changed like the others.

Is there a chance for this sequence to stop?

He just want to play basketball with others and to be sync like before. He wonder if there's still a chance? Yes, there's a possibility. But, right now, he could feel his chest tightening in pain.

The taste of betrayal is so painful...

"Do you know where is Kuroko?"

Kuroko Tetsuya always have weak presence, that's why no one noticed him in the first place. As long he don't announce his existence.

From afar, he watched their brunette coach asked for his whereabouts. The new first years shrugged saying, they don't know and perhaps he's on the way to their gymnasium. Then the group walked away not noticing he's been standing there and listening to them.

Yes, they're somehow right as he is on his way to the gymnasium. Though it's not for a practice reason. Kuroko are coming to gave his resignation letter.

Why?

Simple, he couldn't stay on a team who hurt him after what he had done to them.

It's too painful when history repeat itself.

*Yesterday Flashback*

After being dismissed by their Sensei, the second year bluenette took a run towards basketball gymnasium. It for today practice, he don't want to be late and take an extra laps. Ever since they defeated Rakuzan, everyone are seems eager to be stronger more than before.

Although, it's not bad to have a will and determination. The problem is their whole team seems forgetting they need to enjoy themselves too in a game. Kuroko could feel that his past in Teiko are repeating where winning is everything.

Even his new light, Kagami Taiga are more focused, sometimes he's slowly getting pissed easily. A normal for like him, Bakagami! , but as his shadow he know the man more than of their teammates.

There's something wrong with him.

That he fortunately or unfortunately found out today.

"Tch! I couldn't go on like this! I can't be stronger when he's slowing my process!" Kagami said out loud when he walked into the gymnasium.

"What do you mean Kagami?" Asked their Captain.

"Mean? Kuroko becoming slow in these past few days. His stamina are not improving. He cannot go on as my partner." Kuroko new light words are echoed into his mind, slowly, piercing his heart and shattering his soul. As if he's thrown away, no, the man really throw away him like a trash.

He stood there. Silently and trying to erase what he had heard from his new light. He thought that's not couldn't get worse anymore. He's completely wrong as his teammates and coach are keep talking.

"Your right..Even though he could stay in a game, sometimes it's still pain that he cannot stay longer." The Captain merely commented.

Why....

"His stamina is getting more weaker than before. He cannot stay in the first string if this continued." Coach Aida Riko announced. Her face shown none of concerns about him but to the game.