Chapter 10. Father Dearest

Ronin sits next to the unconscious Vamor, slowly growing more annoyed. Indrim opens her mouth to say something but stops. Ronin finally stands up and walks off. 

Meanwhile, the clear shimmering figure approaches a shadowy figure in a hall. Father dearest, Vamor has been found, she accompanies the King and Princess in their travels.

The shadowy figure cracks a white smile and turns. His face can not be seen, his eyes are white circles and his smile a crescent moon. Excellent my dear, have them brought to me.

The clear shimmering figure exits, laughing like a little girl.

Back at camp, Ronin becomes more agitated. WE ARE GETTING NOWHERE LIKE THIS!!

Well, how about you pull the wagon? Indrim rebuts.

I AM NOT A PACK MULE!! Pointing at the wagon. And that dame thing is no rickshaw!

Indrim shakes her head with a confused look.

Ronin relaxes and walks over to her and pats her on the head. I'm sorry, I keep forgetting you don't understand my world's terms.

Indrim puts her hand on his chest. Maybe.... you could teach me someday...

Deal! Ronin says with a gentle smile.

The sound of a wagon slowly approaches. Indrim and Ronin turn towards the sound to see a small girl in a hooded robe. She stops the wagon and looks at Vamor's motionless body, as her expression turns into one of concentration. 

Vamor suddenly shoots up with a startled expression. IS THAT YOU FOIAH!?

How did she even know she was here, smell maybe? Ronin mumbles.

Yeah, I'm fine. Vamor stands up, dusts herself off, and runs over to Foiah.

Indrim and Ronin look at each other then turn back confused at the seemingly one-sided conversation.

Oh they are my friends. Vamor continues. Ronin and Indrim.

Foiah waves at the two dumbfounded looking people now just looking on with blank eyes. 

Ronin whispers to Indrim with his arm over her shoulder. I think we broke Vamor.

Maybe she just went crazy. Indrim whispers back also with her arm over Ronin's shoulder.

They both look back at the same time with suspicious expressions.

The little girl pulls back her hood to reveal short reddish blond hair and a pair of white tipped red ears.

Oh, so she is a fox demi-human. Ronin says to himself as he becomes more and more annoyed hearing the one-sided conversation. Finally, he blurts out. Hey Vamor, what does the fox say, tell us?!

DON'T BE RUDE! Vamor angrily shouts. Oh, wait I forgot you can't hear her, she can't speak. She with a stupid smile.

Does she not know sign language? Ronin asks.