Chapter 1

Harry sighs, feeling a little sad. It's been almost two days since Sarah left to the UK to visit her family, and after that the boy was feeling very alone. Of course the boy had Zayn and Niall, his best friends, but nobody compared to Sarah.

They had been dating for almost a year, around the time Harry got into Yale. He was always feeling so happy and lucky because he had the perfect girlfriend, the perfect friends and was attending to the best arts program in the whole United States. His life couldn't be better.

But since she left, he's feeling like she took a part of him with her. He offered himself to go with her, but she refused to let him go because "he would miss too many classes" and she couldn't let him do that. So, when she got into the cab, he was left outside by himself, watching her going. And in that moment he knew that the month would last like a year. He was tired of being so alone and miserable.

The other lads had called him to hang out and stuff but he wasn't feeling in the mood of going out and being surrounded by people. So, instead of locking himself on his own bedroom, he decided to go skate boarding through the campus: he always loved the feeling of the wind on his face, the sun on his skin and the breaks where he would sit under a tree and drink water or simply catch his breath. Just so, he gets up from the bed he'd been lying on for almost two days and opens his wardrobe, looking for something decent to wear.

It doesn't take him long to change from his stinky pajamas to a black t-shirt and some jeans and grab his skate board. Skate boarding was like therapy for him, so, after a couple of minutes he is already out on the campus, riding his skateboard, watching the sun shining through the buildings, creating flickering shadows on the ground. It was a Saturday morning so probably the majority of people were still asleep, recovering from the last night's hangover. Well, except for Harry. And somebody else.

As he continues his ride through the campus paths, his eye catches sight of a lonely person reading a book under a tree. Actually it's a guy, and it's the most handsome guy Harry has ever seen: his hair catches the light so perfectly, and the way his glasses are almost slipping from his nose is utterly cute. The last time he looked to someone like this was when he first met Sarah and now, looking to that unknown guy in the same way he did to his girlfriend it's kind of confusing.

The curly haired boy keeps riding his skateboard, still admiring the stranger under the tree, when, suddenly, the said stranger raises his eyes from the book he's reading. The last thing Harry could see were icy-blue eyes, shining at him. Louis always liked to sit under trees and read books or simply listen to music.

Today, for example, Louis was reading 'Anna Karenina' and those kind of activities always brought some kind of peaceful feeling to him.

The Yale campus was practically desert, so the atmosphere was perfect: the only thing he could hear was the rustling of the trees and the leaves falling from them.

All of a sudden, he started to have the sensation that someone was watching him.

It was an unusual feeling, since the grounds were desert and everyone were sleeping or eating breakfast. He tried to concentrate on his book, but as the feeling remained, he decided to look up and check if there was someone around.

And in fact, there was a boy right in front of him, riding his skateboard. It was a really good-looking guy, quite taller than Louis, using a sleeveless shirt that displayed his gorgeous arms shining with his tattoos. His curly brown hair was being messed by the wind, and his pitch-green eyes were looking directly at him. Louis couldn't examine him for much longer because, all of sudden, the guy felt from his skateboard abruptly right in front of him.

Dropping the book to the side, Louis got on his feet and walked towards him, getting on his knees by the boy's side.

His eyes were closed, and his left knee was bleeding. He bites his bottom lip, not knowing what to do. So, he decides to simply ask a question.