Chapter 3

“I think I met someone.” Louis said, looking right through Liam’s face.

Mondays were one of the only days that the two of them could talk properly because Liam didn’t had his swimming practices or anything to keep him busy. Right now they were lunching on the cafeteria after a slow morning of long classes and confusing book interpretations.

“Really? Where?” Liam asked, confused and a little bit shocked. Liam was much more bigger than Louis, and here bigger means taller and heavier. He always looked at Louis like he was his little brother, and as a big brother he shouldn’t feel happy knowing that Louis was interested in some other guy.

“Yeah, but I’m not sure. I mean, I don’t even know if he is gay, but yesterday we went out skateboarding and the night ended in a very awkward away.” Louis said, bitting his apple vigorously.

“And by awkward you mean-?”

“I mean we almost kissed, but his phone started to ring and he left. I mean, okay I only met him like 2 days ago but he looks so… I don’t even know how to describe him, but there is something about him that makes me want to hug him and don’t let him go.” Louis confess, looking through one of the cafeteria’s window.

“2 days? Okay Lou, you need to keep calm and be careful. I mean, I don’t want to see you hurt or something. You barely know the guy, he could be a jerk or even worse, a creep.”

“He’s not! He’s so lovely and kind and I can’t stop thinking about him.” Louis complained, dropping his apple on his tray barely touched.

“So what are stopping you then? Why don’t you go there and hug him or whataver? I mean, if you’re saying you guys almost kissed yesterday it means that he’s interested as well?” Liam wondered, studying his friend expression.

Louis sighed, looking up to meet his friend’s gaze. He couldn’t forget how it felt to be wrapped against Hsrry’s chest, his smell all husky and strong, his hands wrapped on his waist, his intoxicating green eyes penetrating his blue ones.

“I don’t know. He’s older and probably won’t be interested in me, I guess. He’s on his second year and I’m only a freshman. He has more important things to do.”

“Don’t be such a pussy Louis. I really don’t want to see you hurt, but why don’t you give it a try? I mean, what’s the worst thing that could possibly happen?” Liam asks, taking a huge bite of his sandwich.

“I don’t know, probably my heart on a dump around the campus or something.” Louis sighed again, resting his face on his hand in a melancholy way.

“Oh stop already Lou! You’re like very young and charming. You should give it a try you know, and knows that if you get hurt or something I’ll be here to support you and cuddle you. YOLO!” Liam said, faking a girly cheerful way.

“Okay, don’t you ever say ‘yolo’ again, please.” Louis said, a tiny laugh escaping from his lips.

After they finish their meal Liam hugs him goodbye and goes to his next class. Louis, on the other side, has the next period free, so he goes to the campus grounds and sits under some random tree, taking a book from his backpack. Today he was reading ‘The Picture of Dorian Gray’ because he was supposed to write an essay about it.

He hadn’t  even read three pages or so when he saw someone waking towards him by his book. As he lifted his eyes, he could see Harry walking in his direction, his hair all messed up, his perfect tattoos shining with the sun, a backpack over one of his shoulders and a smile on his face.

“Hey.” He said, sitting on the ground in front of Louis.

“Hello, how are you doing today Mrs. Turkey Lurkey?” Louis asked, a playful smile on his face. He couldn’t help but call Harry funny names because it was, well, funny.