Darry x Dally

Darry x Dally

Soulmate AU

Dally looked at his exposed arm in mild excitement as another necessary reminder popped up on his upper limb. Pick up Ponyboy. The sixteen-year-old had undoubtedly seen this odd name be scribbled out on his arm before. He figured that it was one of his soulmates brothers.

Soulmates were naturally a complicated subject for the kid. He wished it wouldn't be some girl. Dally had never been interested in them, only men. The pretty boi pulled down his sleeve and tried to focus on his school work. It was his last class of the day, and he just wanted it to be over. Maths was not his best subject by far. He struggled through the rest of his work until the bell rang. Shoving his books in his bag, he quickly walked out of the classroom, dogging the other greasers and some socs, not wanting to get in a fight on his first week here in Tulsa Oklahoma.

Dally made his way down the steps of the school, bumping into a taller male on the way down. "Oh, my bad. I didn't see you there." Dallas looked up to see the boys face; he was stunned. "It's fine," Dally grumbled as his ears turned red. "Are you new here?" The shorter male nodded. "I just moved here from New York a few days ago." By now they were the only ones left outside of the school. "Do you maybe want to hang out with my gang and me? Most of them should still be here." He thought about this before nodding and followed him back into the school. "Wait, what's your name?" Dally asked as he slightly struggled to keep up with the long-legged boy. "My names Darrel, but everyone calls me Darry. What about you?" They turned into the gym where a few other boys were goofing around with each other "My names Dallas, but everyone calls me Dally." He smiled up at Darry who gave him light chuckle.

Dally took note of the boy's appearances. They were definitely what this town calls greasers. But Darry looked like he could be one of the rich kids. A big-time Soc. "Hey, Darry," The boy who was talking had cut himself off and looked at Dallas. "Who've you got here superman?" Darry chuckled at the boy's remarks. "Two-bit, this is Dally. He's new here." The kid who supposed goes by the name of two-bit looked at Dall and smiled. He gave him a small grin in return. "Nice to meet ya," He violently shook Dallas' hand and turned around pointing at the boys. "That's Sodapop, and he's Darry's younger brother," He pointed to another handsome guy who flashed a charming smile. "That's Steve, and he's sodas best friend." Steve gave him a small wave."Over there is little ol' Johnnycakes," Johnny gave Dall a small smile. "And last but not least is Ponyboy, Darry's youngest brother."

Dally's face turned white as he pulled up his sleeve, revealing the name he had seen less than an hour ago. Ponyboy. He tried to get a glance at Darry's arm, but couldn't see anything from the angle he was standing at. "Let's go, guys," Soda said as he leaped off the bleachers. "Mom's making lasagna." Everyone ran outside except for Darry and Dally who stayed at a steady walk. "Hey so this might sound weird, but can I look at your left arm?" Darry gave him a look of pure confusion but nodded. "Um, yeah sure." Dall grabbed his arm and read the words across it. Pick up Ponyboy. Dally's face turned red as he stopped walking and dug through his backpack.

"What are you-" Dally pulled out a sharpie and drew a line on his arm. He carefully looked at Darry's arm. The older boy looked at his arm to, and his eyes widened when Darry saw the line appear on his arm. He took the sharpie from Dally and drew a small flower on his wrist. The same one was showing up on Dallas' wrist. "Oh my god," Darry mumbled as his glance diverted from arm to arm. "You're my-" He was cut off by Soda walking into the building. "What's takin' you guys so long." Darry looked at Dallas and back at Soda. "I just found my soulmate." Soda quickly walked towards them and looked at there arms. "Well all be," Sodapop whispered. "Mom's gonna flip when she finds out."

Darry pulled up to his house, Two-bit's car pulling in next to his. Soda hopped out of the car and ran into there home, excited to tell Darry's personal business. The rest of the gang got out of the cars and went inside as well. Dallas was nervous about meeting Darry's parents, especially since Soda was telling them that there oldest sons soulmate was a boy. "Relax a little won't ya?" Darry chuckled as Dall lagged behind him. "I'm just nervous. What if they don't like me? I mean, I've never had anyone's parents like me and-" He stopped rambling when Darry laced his fingers with his. "It'll be ok," he whispered. "Trust me." Dally nodded and walked in the house behind Darry.

"Yeah, his name's Dallas, and he's from New York. He seems pretty cool," The rest of the boys nodded. It turns out it wasn't only Sodapop telling the Curtis parents about Darry's soulmate. "There he is," Pony said pointing to the figure hiding behind Darry. Mrs. Curtis walked up to both of them. "How was school, honey?" She asked her son, placing a kiss on his cheek. "It was fine." She moved around her son to get a look at Dally. "Hello Dallas, I'm Mrs. Curtis, but call me Allison." She shook his hand and pulled him away from Darry. "This is Darell, the boy's dad." Mr. Curtis smiled at Dally and shook his hand as well. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

After eating the dinner Mrs. Curtis had made and visiting with the family for a while, Dally decided it was time for him to go home. "I'll walk you home." Darry said as he got up, grabbing his athletics hoodie with "D. Curtis" on the back. He threw it over his shoulder and opened the door for Dall. As soon as the shorter boy stepped outside, he began to shiver. "Are you cold?" Darry asked. "N-no, I'm fi-fine." Darry laughed at him and gave him his hoodie. "Put this on. I don't need it." Dall slipped on the hoodie, which fell just above his knees. They started walking towards Dallas's house. "So why did you move to Oklahoma?" Dally pushed up the sleeves to the hoodie. "Foster family," He answered, still trying to keep the sleeves from covering his hands entirely. Darry nodded and decided not to ask about it.

When they got to Dally's door, you could hear laughter. Dall smiled and turned to Darry. "Thank's for walking me home." Darry nodded a moved closer to him. He pulled Dallas into a hug. Dally smiled and tightly wrapped his arms around Darry. "I'll see you tomorrow, right?" Dallas asked as he pulled away from Darry. "Of course." Then he planted a sweet kiss to Dallas's lips. Dallas Winston and Darrel Curtis were definitely soulmates.