IT'S HARD TO STAY AWAY. FROM HIM.

CHAPTER 14
IT'S HARD TO STAY AWAY. FROM HIM.

EMARALD'S POV:-

"Pwetty pwease?" I asked in a baby voice. I pouted. I moved towards him a little more. Ther was only one centimetre of space left and I tried closing that too but before anything could happen, Mr. Party Pooper decided to move his head on the side so that lips landed on his cheek. Wow. I didn't accept the defeat and just gave him a sloppy kiss there.

I then moved my face a little backwards while taking his face in both my hands, making him look at me. Just as his eyes met mine, I grinned.

"What have gotten into you?" He shook his head, as if disappointed at my behaviour. Ha. As if that was gonna stop me. But his lips twitched upwards, so I knew he was enjoying this.

"Why didn't you let me kiss you?" I made a weird expression, my eyebrows drawn together.

"Haz..." He began, but I cut him off.

"Oh, I know now, you don't like me." Understanding dawning on my features, my drunk mind didn't have any problems making look desperate because that was the only way to subtle way to describe what I said next.

"You don't like me too. Am I that bad, that nobody can just take me for who I am? My parents left me. He left and made me the bad person, who couldn't save her parents, who couldn't save herself from falling. And you don't like me too." My voice broke, I don't even know if I was under the alcohol influence or not, right now. I was, I realised because I wouldn't ever slip up something like this, to well anyone.

"Hey, Hazel, you're the best. You should know that because even if I was an asshole to you, you have been more than good. You make people's day even people's life, baby. You are the best and as for the kiss, I might have returned it rather eagerly if you were not drunk." He grinned, the boyish one which made him look much younger. I smiled a small little one because I just knew that now I had attached myself more than enough but it was hard to stay away.

From him.

From everyone and everything.

My drunk self was a emotional and bizarre, I'd you ask me. I was not like this, atmost I tried to not be an emotional wreck besides I used to contain my inner turmoil inside me like an everyday routine but this alcohol and this boy was making me do things that I might regret.

"You have had enough for one day." He suddenly spoke noticing the change in my mood.

"Can you take me home?" I weakly conjured up the stability that my voice was lacking. I sighed internally.

"Okay, can you stand up?" He sighed too.

I pouted and made grabby hands at him. Yup. I was definitely drunk. I giggled and pouted again. This is so insane.

"I so want to tell you this when you wake up." And with that said, he chuckled wholeheartedly. Sexy. Oh, shit!!

He came near and placed his left arm being my back and right beneath my thighs, picking me up bridal style. I couldn't look away from his face and it being this close didn't help so I just stared. Not the creepy one but the I want to eat you one and I know that staring is bad but one look at him and common sense flew out of my mind.

Looking straight ahead he guided us out of the party. I could tell that he knew I was staring at him still, he chose to ignore my eyes or me. That thought made me angry and also brought tears to my eyes. See, drunk me is emotional.

Opening the door of his car, he placed me there as if I was a baby. Shutting the door he entered the driver's seat and buckled himself up.

He looked at me, raising his brows as if telling me something but I could not catch on to it. He shook his head silently, his eyes gleaming at my state. He reached over, more than close to me totally invading my personal space, his hands touching my sides. But his eyes, his eyes were just locked on to mine as though trying to decipher something, anything. It felt like our faces were getting near and near however something flashed in his eyes. Panick. Just then I heard a click sound and he backed away. My heart was thudding, I realised.