I am gonna want a lot more with that voice

Chapter Twenty four :-
"I am gonna want a lot more with that voice."

Emarald's POV :-

Morning light was filing into the room through the open window but being deep in slumber, I did not feel like getting up to shut the curtains. My alarm clock was sitting silently at my bed side table so that also meant it wasn't 7 a.m.

Not even the birds were chirping outside when the doorbell rang. I turned on the other side of bed keeping my head in the comforter around me.

The sound of doorbell ringing resonated within the walls of my room. Another ringing erupted even when the last sound had not subsided. A frustrated groan came from deep within me and I comically threw the comforter off of me dashed down the stairs not caring that I was just in my flimsy tank top and a pair of cotton short shorts. Yeah, I wore that as my night dress.

Whoever had dared to disturb me at this time of the day was so gonna get it. Still muttering nothings under my breath that even I couldn't decipher I pulled open the main door. The person on the other side was just going to knock on the door when I pulled open the door so naturally I became the door myself and got knocked on the forehead.

The knucklehead or to be exact knuckleheads in front of me were Jake and Brett, with the former being the one to knock me.

Another groan escaped me in record with me shutting my eyes for dramatical effects.

"What the hell do you both want?" Opening my eyes slowly I adjusted myself on the door.

"I am gonna want a lot more with that voice." With that smirk and that voice I probably could have known from whom this was coming from. I massaged my temples because of the already forming head ache but that didn't mean I could not feel the heat rising in the whole length of my face.

"Same." Me and Brett both flicked Jake at his forehead.

"If you both wanted a booty call at this time then you are at the wrong address."

"What time would suit you then?" A violent  cough broke through Jake, yeah that's Brett for you.

"Are you done with your innuendos yet or you want me to punch you?" I crossed my arms over my chest. Let me tell you it wasn't the best idea for me, for Brett, oh he was just staring at me.

Staring to hunt you down.

"You're not helping to control it." Jake snorted under his breath, a breathy laughter came from me while Brett was busy punching his best friend.

"Seriously now, why the hell are you two here?" My questionable gaze only made them shrug.

"We're here to pick you up." I did a double take. I ran to the kitchen in fear that I was late already and didn't hear the alarm clock. Alas I wasn't. I came back to the two boys waiting at my porch.

"What?!" I stated, almost tearing their eardrums.

"What?" Both asked simultaneously, looking at me as if I was size two large alien.

"You just gave me a heart attack." My headache was rising due to my constant yelling.

"Geez woman, stop yelling." Jake being the sane one tried to calm me down.

"Why the hell are you here at 6:45? a.m.?!" I whispered yelled this time because I knew that if I yelled one more time someone in the neighbourhood might call the cops.

"We told you, to pick you up." Touching my shoulder in a brotherly manner, Jake said each word separately as though talking to a five year old instead of seventeen.