You hit on me, I hit you

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE -
YOU HIT ON ME, I HIT YOU

Emarald's POV:-

I was walking down the lane of my street, it was way past twelve a.m. The surroundings were bare of any human, just me and trees. It wasn't the horror movie kind but I had to get home fast, mom and dad must be waiting for me.

I sprinted to get there and made it in a few seconds. The lights of the house were on. So they were awake. I walked down the driveway and up to the porch to see that the front door wasn't even shut properly. What, they were waiting in the hallway? I scoffed and pulled the doorknob to enter the house when I heard the agonising screams of my parents from the family room.

"No!!!" I got up. It was only a nightm....

"Hey, hey! It was only a nightmare." Brett came beside me. Why was he here? Why was I here? In my room? I mean I was in the party, then that guy came and then I fell unconscious in Brett's arms, I gotta stop doing that. While I was thinking these jumbled thought from last night, Brett was looking at me worried.

"It was only a nightmare. Okay, breathe?" His voice was soothing, like 'Forget all your worries' soothing. I followed the breathing for a few till my mind became a little less foggy.

"What time is it?" I croaked out, man I felt as if I needed to drink a river. He poured me water in the glass on my bedside table.

Gulping down the whole glass in one breath I said, "Thank you."

"It's 2:45 a.m."

"Sunday?" I looked at him, closing my right eye and making a face. He nodded.

"What are you doing here, anyways?" My eyebrows stood up, waiting for him to answer.

"Just the right way to talk to a guy who took you home after you passed out." He mused out. Jerk.

"Next time, don't bring me back." Looking at him blankly I fell back in my bed, snuggling up to my blanket. Yeah, I use a blanket even if it's sunny and warm outside. Weird.

"What happened there?" My eyes were closed but I knew exactly what his expression. Hard.

"What are you talking about?" Playing dumb was stupid. I admit it but I was already so pathetic in his eyes that I don't want to go further.

"Don't play dumb."

"Nothing happened! I was just hyper aware and jumpy." And the stupidest person award goes to me.

"Tell. Me. Now." He was on the edge, he was like a wounded lion and I didn't want to be his prey today or tonight. Whatever. So I told him, after getting up from my comfy position. Of course. This wasn't even that big of a deal. I was being my pathetic self.

You are telling him way more than you should.

I know and that's the scariest thing, I tell him so much. So much more than my and his sake.

"Don't overthink. You don't have to take care of anything, I'll deal with it."

"You don't have to deal with anything. Especially if it's my problem." I gripped his bicep. My whole hand couldn't cover it.

Hot. Hot.

Not right now. Even I couldn't deny it.

"Excuse me, I'm not doing this for you. My mama raised me good, so I'll stand up for a woman's support." I smirked, no need to fight with him, he'll do something stupid anyway.

"Mama?" My smirk widened even more when he sheepishly grinned.

"Actually you're supposed to call me 'daddy'?" A smack on the head took his smirk away.