Chapter Three

|I hope you guys are enjoying this as much as I'm enjoying writing it :) Kind of a short one, but more will be coming soon.

If anyone finds any grammar or spelling errors ANYWHERE in this story, please let me know so I can fix them! Thank you all so much <3|

With night falling, my anxiety levels continue to rise. Being in my Avatar, yet being surrounded by darkness, frightens me, and reminds me of the sightless reality back at the compound.

Knowing that the best thing for me to do, is to get up into a tree, I begin to climb, the movement coming easily to me, as I trust my body to know what to do.

My hands grasp the vines tightly as I hoist myself up. Finally, when I feel that I am high enough up to hide, and still be safe, I stop. I look around, trying to find anything that looks familiar, or something that says the others are looking for me.

"Eywa, please make sure Jake is safe." I whisper. Grace seemed terrified of the Thanator, and if a seasoned Avatar Driver like herself was afraid, it didn't bode well for the Marine that never listens to his instincts.

The darker it got, the more I shook, my mind freaking out, unable to stop my body from making noise. The only downside of having a mental illness such as Anxiety, is that it follows you wherever you go.

Suddenly, I see a light in the distance. Not a flashlight, but fire. Hoping that it's one of the others, I slowly climb down the tree, and start running in that general direction. It isn't long before I find Jake getting attacked by a bunch of Viperwolves.

Thinking quickly, I grab the nearest stick I could find, and start whacking them away from him, not wanting to hurt them, just scare them away.

However, It isn't long before we are both overpowered by their numbers. "Eywa, Save us!" I shout, my wrist getting caught in the mouth of one of the viperwolves. I hiss in pain, but it doesn't last for long, as someone else joins the fray, and scares them off. Holding my wrist gently, I look up to see a young woman hissing loudly at the Viperwolves.

She looks at us both coldly, before picking up the torch Jake made, and dunking it in some water.

"Wait! Don't-" Jake starts, but it's too late.

Before I could even think of the darkness, the world around us lights up in what appears to be bioluminescence. Blue-green light surrounds us, lighting up the area just enough to light our way.

"Beautiful..." I whisper, once again amazed at this world.

The woman finds a dying Viperwolf, and kneels down next to it. "Forgive me, my brother." She whispers in Na'Vi, before stabbing it in the base of its neck.

Jake, being his usual self, pipes up, "Look, um, I know you probably don't understand this. But - thanks. Thank you. I owe you."

The woman ignores him, bending down over the now dead animal and saying a prayer. "Forgive me. May your spirit run with the Great Mother."

"I would have been screwed if you hadn't come along - " She rises and walks away without looking at Jake or I. With one look, we both follow her, my arm still being carefully held to stop the bleeding. "Hey, wait. Wait! Where you goin'?" He asks. Running after her, making a lot of noise, Jake grabs his shoulder. "Slow down a second will you. I just want to thank you for killing those -"

She whips around and hits his chin with a well placed backhand swipe of her bow.

"Oh I like you. Do it again." I exclaim, smiling.