Chapter Eight

|| Okay guys. I did it again. Um... Yeah. So Rey means Live in Na'vi, and uk means Shadow (Which was derived from Toruk, tor meaning Last), Reyuk literally means Live Shadow. If you like Doctor Who, Live Shadows are called Vashta Nerada, which is my favorite episode. Did not plan that, just saying. ||

|| Also, The whole color meaning on Ikran... made that up. The wiki doesn't tell much about them to be fair. Only that: Their leathery skin has a wide range of complex color schemes. Some banshees have been seen which display only two colors. Since the color concentration is mainly on the back of the animals, it is assumed that the colors are for mating display. Both male and females display these complex patterns of colors. So, yeah. Copied and pasted that from the Wiki. ||

|| I hope I'm not too OOC for Tsu'tey, he is a tough character to portray! I mean, he's broody and rude most of the time, but cares deeply for his people and the land. So its like trying to mix Oreos and Orange Juice... it just is not happening. Anyways, enough of me. Get to reading! Love you guys! ||

The days have flown by, and I have learned everything that Mo'at knows about the plants, and I have taught them some as well.

Some days, after waking up in the link pod, I feel as though I'm in a nightmare, that my real life is out there, in the forest. After talking to Jake, he says the same. I can see that he is finally learning to see.

Today is the day he gets his Ikran, and I'm going to follow them up to the area, just to watch how it goes.

Tsu'tey has been teaching me all of the ways to use what's around me to heal, much like he did with the yerik. He would bring me to a random area, cut himself, and force me to heal him using what I had around me. As angry as I got at him each time, he really helped me learn a lot.

I personally just think Tsu'tey wants me there in case someone gets hurt.

Speaking of the Ikran, We were halfway up the Hallelujah Mountains, jumping onto hanging vines. Or, Everyone else was. I was terrified. Tsu'tey looked down at me, knowing my fears, motioned to jump.

"Jump or you'll not be able to climb up!" He shouts down at me. Taking a deep breath, I jump. Grabbing onto the vine, I release my breath and start climbing. I never should have agreed to this.

However, my mind changes once we reach the top. Staring down at the world below, knowing that I won't crash into it, is soothing. Jake walks up next to me, slightly out of breath. "Need to work on your cardio more Jake." I tease.

He gently pushes me to the side. "I'll work on it when you can hunt something faster than I can."

Neytiri arrives before I can respond, shyly smiling at Jake, while getting stone-faced with Tsu'tey. Seeing this interaction, made me realize something dreadful.

Jake liked Neytiri. Neytiri liked Jake. Neytiri was promised to Tsu'tey. Tsu'tey... I can't read him. He is great at controlling his face when others are around. All I know, is that this will not end well.

Tsu'tey picked Jake to go first, which didn't surprise me. Tsu'tey has told me before, that he feels as though Jake is loyal to his people, and with the mind of a Warrior, knows how to take the Omaticaya out.

"Go easy on him if he survives this. You and I both know that not every Omaticaya lives, or finds their Ikran. He has earned this, where I have not." I say, placing my hand on Tsu'tey's shoulder as I did so. Before he could answer, I walk on the edge of the cliff, being careful of the wet rocks.

With my back pressed against the rock wall, I watch as Jake starts hissing, trying to find his 'tey and the rest of the young hunters appear at my side, watching with interest.