Chapter Seven

|| Another Filler for you, just a tad bit longer too!  :) Hope you enjoy! ||

The next morning, after I had already gone back to my Avatar, I was sitting on the ground next to Txur petting his back softly.

Tsu'tey had yet to appear, making me worry if I had done something wrong. Which, I most likely did. He probably didn't enjoy putting my lifeless body into one of the hammocks after the flight.

"You are just like Tsu'tey. You don't open up easily, and never let your emotions show. You're strong and brave, but you are also caring and soft. No wonder you took to him so easily." I chuckle softly as he nudges my hand. "Yes, yes, I'll keep petting you."

"You're going to spoil him if you keep that up." I look up from Txur and see Tsu'tey, bow in hand. "Come, I want to teach you something."

I stand and hop onto Txur, making the bond and waiting for Tsu'tey to hop onto another pa'li. Once he does, he's off with me and Txur right behind him. The faster we go, the more I finally begin to see what Tsu'tey sees.

Through the trees and underbrush, are slim paths that are hidden by leaves. But once the wind from his pa'li's hooves brushes them aside, the path is found. With a laugh on the breeze, I spur Txur forwards to catch up to Tsu'tey.

"I see now. The path. It's very smart of you to keep them hidden."

Without a word he turns his head in my direction and grins, and suddenly he's off, going faster than before.

We ride for a while, until we finally reach somewhere unfamiliar to me. He hops off his pa'li and puts a finger to his mouth.

With a nod, I'm off Txur as well, and watch as Tsu'tey stalks forward, his tail never touching the ground. I try to copy his movements, the feat much harder than I expected.

Suddenly, he stops, moves a large leaf, and gestures for me to look down. Once I do, I see a Hexapede eating bark from a tree. Tsu'tey raises his bow, taking aim. As much as I don't want him to hurt the beautiful animal, I know that he must. I close my eyes in preparation, and wait to hear the thump on the ground.

Once the telltale sound rings out, I open my eyes and watch as Tsu'tey walks over to it and pets it's head.

"I see you, brother, and I thank you. Your spirit will run with Eywa, while your body will remain and become part of the People." As he recites the prayer, he takes his knife and stabs it into the heart of the beast. Tears fill my vision as I watch, the death of such a beautiful creature is a sad one, even if it's to feed the people of the clan. "Come Kita." I do as he says and make my way to him, my eyes never leaving the body.

"Why must we kill?" I ask, closing the eyes of the beast so they no longer stared at me.

"So we can eat, survive. Everything kills, that is the way of Eywa. Nothing will be forgotten, as everything is used." I dry my eyes quickly, not wanting to show him how upset this truly made me.

"I cannot do it Tsu'tey. I can't harm a living being. It's not who I am. I heal, I don't harm."

He walks over to me and places his hand on my shoulder. "You are not like the other skypeople. For this, I will not judge you. You must know that the fan of the yerik can be used to help with patching wounds in the midst of a battle. I tell you this so one day, you might use it to save someone."

I look up at him, our eyes meeting. The fact that he easily understood this about me is shocking. No one else truly understood. They accepted it, but didn't know why I felt that way. "But Mo'at..." I start.

"Does not like to teach people this way. That is what I am here for. I will show you." He takes the knife in his hand, and makes a cut on his thigh before I can stop him. "Show me what you know."

Instantly, I jump into action, my shock and anger disappearing as I focus on the wound. My eyes roam the area, and find some wet moss that can be used to clean the area, along with some leaves that Mo'at told me sped up healing.

I crush the leaves into a pulp using two rocks, and take his knife to cut into the fan of the yerik. Once I have a decent size, I turn back to the wound and use the moss to clean up the blood to see exactly what I'm working with.

With a flick of my wrist, the moss is gone, the wound open and still bleeding. I take the thick paste that I made, and lay it on the wound as gently as possible using a stick and my two fingers.

As soon as the paste was covering the entirety of the wound, I wrap his thigh with the fan, using the leftover paste to use as glue to keep the fan in place. As soon as it's done I glare at him.

"That was reckless and stupid! What if I had frozen in fear?! Tsu'tey you could have been seriously hurt! It won't be healed by tomorrow you know! How will you be able to walk right after that, hm?" I shout at him, letting the anger push its way to the front.

He starts to laugh, making me pause and stare at him. This is the first time I've heard him properly laugh, and it was amazing. Once he starts to quiet down, he still has a smile on his face. "Kita, I knew what would happen. Eywa would not choose someone who was weak. You are strong, and smart. You knew what to do, and how to do it quickly. I have faith in you Kita. Eywa could not have done better." With that, I smack him in the arm.

"You are so mean! If you wanted to test me, you could have just asked!" I stand up and offer my hand to him. "But thank you for showing me that I'm capable of such things."

He takes my hand and stands, not a limp in sight as he walks to the yerik and lifts it up. "Come, let's go back. You missed dinner yesterday."

I turn around and walk to Txur, getting on easily as I watch Tsu'tey put the yerik on his pa'li. Before he has a chance to hop on however, I grin. "Race you back to Hometree!"

Before he could blink, I was off, following the path that led us here. Though I couldn't see the actual path, it was like the way was burned into my mind once I had seen it once. Something that every Na'vi could do I suppose.

"Come on Txur, lets show Tsu'tey who the fastest Pa'li is!" With that, Txur was going even faster as I leaned forward to help get the speed up. With a giggle and a yelp for joy, I turned my head to see Tsu'tey right behind me, a grin on his face. "Do better Tsu'tey!" I shout behind me.

His laugh sounds, the trees flash by me, and all I can think of is that finally, I know my place among the people of Pandora... among the Omaticaya.