Chapter Eleven

|| Some people were confused about why Kita is so heartbroken with the grove, well if you think back, that was the first time Tsu'tey showed that he was more than just a warrior, that he cared. It also was where she learned about the Omaticaya, and connected with the people on a level much deeper than most. Even in the Movie Jake attacked the machine, and he had less to do with that area.||

After the celebration, and once I could move without hurting, Tsu'tey led me away from the festivities, and towards my garden.

About a month back, Mo'at designated a part of the forest for me, so I can grow everything needed, and study the plants. No one was allowed there without my permission, for fear of ruining or destroying the area.

When we got there, Tsu'tey sat on the ground, gesturing that I should follow suit by patting the soft soil.

"Thank you for getting me out of there. I don't know what I would have done if someone asked me about my spirit animal one more time."

His face stays still, the stone look that I've grown accustomed to. However, it unnerves me that he is not showing any emotion in front of me when we're alone. "Now that you are Omaticaya, you may choose a mate." He states, ignoring my thanks.

I tilt my head slightly, confused as to why he took me out here to tell me this. "Yes, I know, Neytiri told me earlier."

"Do you have anyone in mind?" He asks, his eyes not meeting mine.

"Yes." I say, not wanting to give anymore information away. I knew he liked Neytiri, and that I stood no chance. It was pointless to even try. They would mate soon, once Mo'at or Eytukan decides to retire to the elders position.

"Does he know?"

"No. If I have it my way, he will never know. I do not wish to ruin my friendship with him." I claim after a moment, wording my sentence carefully.

Tsu'tey, still as stoney as ever, doesn't move at all. It's like he was a statue. "Why would you not tell him?"

I take a deep breath, and sigh, knowing that lying to him would only make it worse. "Because he has eyes for another."

Silence fills the area, Tsu'tey not saying another word. His face finally changes to one of anger, or frustration. After a few moments, he stands, pulling me up with him. "Come, let's return." Feeling rejected, I following him silently.

I had thought he would understand that it was him, that I wanted him as my mate. Especially after my last comment. Apparently, he either didn't care, doesn't like me that way, or it flew right over his head. As much as I wanted it to be the last option, I knew somewhere inside that his actions were a rejection. The lack of conversation on the way back to Home Tree confirmed it.

The moment we got back, he wandered off, leaving me alone.

I watch all of the people converse with one another, celebrating the special occasion. I spot Grace and Norm talking to the children, telling them stories. Neytiri and Mo'at are talking rapidly, their faces giving nothing away. Jake and Tsu'tey were in the corner... wait. What?

Jake and Tsu'tey? They only ever got along when they were drunk. Tsu'tey hates the man. There was no way he got drunk in such a short time. So what was he doing talking to Jake?

Suddenly, my view is cut off by someone standing in front of me. "Hi Grace." I greet, my voice lacking emotion.

"Kita. You must tell me what happened down there. Why did you look so freaked out?" She asks me, her mothering mode turning on.