Chapter Fifteen

||Short but I had limited time to work on this. The next one should be longer, and hopefully out by Thursday! If not, I apologise but my schooling comes first :) ||

The next day was hard, the Omaticaya were mourning their home, their loved ones, and their friends. Tsu'tey, as the new Olo'eyktan, had a lot to do. While he was busy, I walked around the hurt, double checking to make sure everything was healing.

Though we haven't talked since last night, our eyes keep meeting as we work. Mo'at suspects, I'm sure, but has yet to come up to me or Tsu'tey. Once I check the last Na'vi, and put fresh bandages on the wound, I decide I should talk to her.

"I see you Mo'at." I state, a small smile on my lips.

"As I see you, Kita." She stares at me for a moment, before nodding. "I know why you came to speak to me. You have a lot to learn as Tsahìk. Neytiri and I will help you."

"Is it that easy for you to tell?" I ask, a slight blush gracing my cheeks.

"Your eyes shine with a lightness I have not yet seen. Tsu'tey is lucky to have you by his side."

My face begins to heat up slightly. "I disagree. I'm lucky to have him."

"Come, first lesson of Tsahìk. Prayer."

I sit down as she calls everyone together. Tsu'tey comes and sits on one side of me, while Neytiri is on the other.

Mo'at turns towards the tree, and starts to sing, the rest of the Omaticaya joining her, the song filled with loss and yearning for help.

Soon, it's past noon, the light starting to fade from the sky. A yell from Neytiri makes everyone stop and look up.

Toruk is ahead, coming straight towards us. We all scatter, screams echoing from everyone. But as soon as it all happens, it stops. There, riding the savage beast, is Jake.

I faintly hear Mo'at whisper, "Toruk Makto?"

Neytiri looks at Tsu'tey and I, then back at Jake as she whispers, "Toruk Makto." She raises her arms and repeats herself, this time yelling it into the air.

Echos of the words repeat themselves through the crowd as Jake makes his way to Neytiri.

They stand together, staring at each other.

" I See you." Neytiri whispers.

" I See you." Jake responds, his voice hoarse.

Neytiri's eyes brim with tears. "I was afraid Jake -- for my people. I'm not anymore."

Jake takes her hand, and walks up to where Tsu'tey and I stand, our own hands grasped tightly.

Jake turns towards the crowd, "Tsu'tey, son of Ateyo. I stand before you, ready to serve the People." He lowers his voice so only Tsu'tey and I can hear him. "You are Olo'eyktan, and you are the best warrior. I can't do this without you."

Tsu'tey looks at me, then with a small nod, places his hand on Jake's heart. "Toruk Makto, I will fly with you."

Jake then turns to Mo'at. "Grace is dying. I beg the help of the Great Mother." I gasp in shock.

"Jake... What happened?" I ask, worried for my idol and friend.

"Quaritch. He fired at us as we were leaving. She's not doing good." I turn to Mo'at, hoping that something could be done.

"Bring her, Jakesully." With a nod, he runs and hops onto Toruk and takes off.

"What are we going to do?" I ask, not sure what Mo'at has planned.

"Eywa will take all of who she is in one body, and transfer it to the other." I nod, knowing that the powers of Eywa were unknown, hoping that it will work.

"Is there anything I can do?"

"She will need you there to help her. I am afraid that the remedies we have do not work on the Skypeople."

"Very well. I'll go check the injured then."

She nods and turns away from me, moving to do something. As I look over at the people, I see that something has changed. The people have hope now. I go over to the location where the injured are currently residing, and greet them all with smiles.

I sit and talk with them all, wanting to make sure that everything was okay. Mo'at didn't go over all the diseases here, but I prayed that blood poisoning wasn't one of them.

Tsu'tey taps my shoulder, and I excuse myself from the group. He grasps my hand and pulls me to a secluded area.

"Are you okay?" He asks me, his voice laced with the emotion his face lacked.

I smile sadly at him. "Yes, for now. But if Grace doesn't make it, I don't know if I will be. She was my teacher, just as you are. I wouldn't be here if Grace never told stories of this place."

"Then we will do everything in our power to save her. But you need to know Kita... she may not make it. You must be strong. Not only for yourself, but for our people. We are at war, there will be many casualties. All we can do it hope that if Eywa decides their time, that they will go quickly without fear."

A tear slides down my cheek as I take in Tsu'tey's words. Many Na'vi have died already, and only more are to come. "Tsu'tey, I'm scared. I know the advantages they have over us. Without the direct help of Eywa, I'm afraid they will win... that they'll take you away from me."

He brushes the tear away, his hand resting on my face. "I will always fight to get back to you. You're my Kita. Eywa will protect us, no matter what."

I wrap my arms around him in a hug, not wanting to let him go. I know deep down that this is the moment when everything changes.

A memory of my spirit animal and vision sends a shiver through me, and I can only hope that what I saw is farther away than expected.