Moving In

The process of moving did not take very much since Sans did not have a lot of things to move. Two nightstands, one dresser, all the framed pictures Sans owned, and a big case full of clothing. Most of them being his outfit of a simple white T-shirt and white and black basketball shorts. Sans was a simple man. Seeing the few amounts of stuff we had to move for Sans made me realize how wise it was to move Sans to my place instead of me moving to his. It would have been a whole new ordeal.

  First thing I and Sans did when we got home was collapsed on the bed that we could now call ours. We were exhausted.

  "Chara should be back any time now," I murmured after a bit of us just laying there. Chara had left earlier, saying she was gonna pick up some "stuff".

  "Oh, wonderful, I bet that'll be fun," he responded sarcastically. I giggled.

  "You sure your gonna be okay living with her?" I asked jestingly.

  "I'll have you. It would make everything I have to ender with her worth it," Sans assured. I hummed.

  "You act so sure..." I giggled, sitting myself up. Sans turned to face me while lifting himself up as well eagerly.

  "Yeah," he hummed, "because I am sure." Sans put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. "If I weren't, I wouldn't be here." I smiled warmly, intertwining my hand in the hand that was holding my shoulders. 

  We stayed like this for a few moments, just admiring each other's presence silently before we heard the front door to the house open abruptly. I heard what sounded like shoes being tossed and heavy footsteps sound getting closer to my room. 

  Chara opens the door gracefully, moving her hair aside with a jerk of her head and gives us both a friendly grin. With the same friendly grin, she chirps, "come on" and gestures out of the room with the nudge of her head.

~

  "Here's one for you," Chara gleefully announced in the middle of handing me a butterscotch cinnamon pie. I took the pie away slowly and looked at her curiously. She grinned happily and nodded at the pie. "That's for all the pies you couldn't have last month. You didn't think I was that bad, did you?" She raised her eyebrows teasingly, giving me a thoughtful grin.

  I only giggled as I placed the pie on my lap. 

  "As for you, Sans, I got youuuuu," Chara dragged on as she slowly pulled out something from her bag. "A journal!" she announced as she quickly pulled her present, "since you will soon be my new roommate. Also, I know how much you like writing!"

  "I do?"

  "Yes."

  I giggled quietly, catching Sans attention. 

  Sans actually liked writing, I knew this. The only reason he rarely does it at all is that he says that it's too much work. He told me that if I ever become an inventor, I need to create a self-writing invention. At the time I was only fourteen and told him I had no intention of being such a thing rather seriously. He only chortled and put arms around me and shook me gently, letting me know that he was only teasing me. Later that day, I went to visit Alphys' lab and, like the silly child I was, attempted to make the invention. I got in a lot of trouble when a certain yellow monster walked in on a determined yellow human. She thought there was someone breaking in, in hopes of stealing something they could sell for millions. The first thing she thought to do was to call her girlfriend. I guess that's what you do when something seems fishy. Nevertheless, Sans' reaction when he learned the whole story made it worth it. 

  I covered up half of my face as I looked up at him bashfully as I tried to hold back my giggle. He grinned more and winked knowingly. That was the breaking point. I chortled even as I tried to hide it.