Chapter 38

Salin POV

Kid, how do you not realise you're naked?

Oh, I'm sorry. I was a bit busy being BARBECUED ROADKILL, thank you for your concern.

Alright, no need for sarcasm here.

Fine, can you at least give me some clothes?

Alright.

A set of clothes materialised on the ground next to me. The moment I saw what it was, I could feel my face twitching.

Aeyr, do you need to be like this?

Salin, you are my champion / scion / watcher / whatever in this world. I will not have you wandering around in plain clothes.

You are giving me a hard time on purpose aren't you?

On the ground, was another embroidered black and silver coat, along with matching pants.

You know, when I meant clothes, I meant casual stuff, not the kind of outfit I'd wear to a royal ball.

Just put them on. As I said earlier, you're a champion of a god, at least try to look like it.

I just shake my head at this.

Oh, I just remembered. Hey Aeyr, what's the average level for the tournament's participants?

Around level 45 to 50 since this is usually for new champions. But since they are from different races, the stat difference is possibly quite high, especially for the humans.

Hmm?

Humans have a rather average growth rate compared to other races. Around 10 in each stat at level 1 and around 1 point to every stat every level when not counting the applicable points given. For the elves, they have a few extra points at level 1, to be specific in stats like Agility, Wisdom, and especially Intelligence in the later levels, though only if they choose to be a mage.

What do you mean?

Well, the growth rate for someone's stats can change after constant training. For example, an elf's normal growth rate is great for mages. But they can also be great arcane archers, since through physical training, the will of the world will notice their efforts and then will change their growth rate to favour their physical stats while at the same time decreasing the emphasis to stats like intelligence by a bit.

Oh, so growth rates can only be decided by yourself.

Exactly.

How about the other races?

Dwarves favour the physical stats more, obviously, while the Beast-kin are a bit more complicated.

Complicated?

Beast-kin starting growth rates are different for each species. Like wolf kin have higher strength and agility growth rates, for fox kin agility, intelligence and wisdom, the bear kin have strength and vitality. There are others but it would take too long to explain.

Damn that was a huge info dump. Anyway, this means it would be too difficult to prepare for everything you mean?

Yes.

Alright then.

After I finished putting on my clothes, I woke up Axis.

Oomph

...And he immediately jumped at me, sending me to the ground, though I know that he's just happy that I survived.

This might take a while.

20 minutes later...

After Axis calmed down, we started walking towards the town, but then

Kid, can't Axis just fly you there?

I stop and just ponder about whether or not I am retarded.

*I forgot the onomatopoeia for a wolf, so shut it*

At least this will be quick.