2: A Fairy's Wings

The Prominent's Downfall
Chapter 2: A Fairy's Wings
peachyscarlets (3-29-19)

•••

Freya's Point of View

"You know how much of a trouble that girl can get! Is she your boss? Does she pay you?" an angry masculine voice echoed throughout the house, waking me up.

"I-I'm truly sorry, sir."

Hearing that, I recognized that these voices belonged to my father and Sir Jan, my personal driver. I quickly get on my feet and dashed to the living room where they were arguing.

There, I confirmed my suspicion. My father was yelling at Sir Jan, who has his head hung low in apology. I sighed and rolled my eyes, first thing in the morning, this is what I'd witness.

I took steps downstairs to which surprised Sir Jan, while my father keeps his stern look.

"It's not his fault, I told him off." I speak, greatly taking Sir Jan aback as I vouched for him.

"Who are you to order ar—"

I raise my hand in the air and cut him, "These workers has families too. Haven't you had that realized? I told him off to take the time with his family, after all I had no schedule yesterday."

Father's face reddens in anger more, "Who cares about families?!  Applying for a work here means sacrificing such times!" he yells.

I smirked at his remarks, "Sure, that statement sounds reasonable enough for someone who doesn't give a care, even just a piece, to his family."

With that, I start to barge out of the mansion while still on my pajamas. Leaving them unfazed. I kept walking with a clear destination in mind: the lake near here.

Whatever I feel, but especially if I'm feeling under the weather, I visit this lake situated inside this forest nearby and sit under the tree. I spend some time in here and let out my feelings.

This lake is not occupied with people, since it is far from the cities and cooped up to the very insides of this green forest, not to mention the scary and vivacious animals that may have been living here.

After all, these lake waters has been the one to comfort me whenever I'm in a bad situation, and comfort me as well in my happy times. It's like a happy place, somewhere I'm comfortable to be.

Since I was a kid, this has been my happy place. I found this by accident when I roamed around this forest. Everybody was worried sick finding me, until one of our people found me here and my parents prohibited me from going back there and barging outside the mansion alone.

Being the stubborn prick I am, I did not follow them and would sneak my way through here whenever I wanted to— especially if the mansion is getting boring and I've got nothing to do.

I sat down by the tree, and let my fingers roam freely on the cold lake waters. The cold and comforting feeling hits me, and I guess... maybe a dip won't hurt?

I looked around the trees and found no one's presence. Taking it as a cue, I take off my valuables that can't be wet and dipped off the waters still in my bedtime outfit.

"Aaaahhh..." I mutter as I relax myself and feel the coldness of the waters.

The feeling is always new, and always welcoming. Suddenly, the events from yesterday's encounter played in my mind.