3: Allison

The Prominent's Downfall
Chapter 3: Allison
peachyscarlets (4-7-19)

•••

Freya's Point of View

To people who I held dear in my heart more than my family,

I am to engage into a new adventure. These past few days were beginning to feel long, boring, repetitive, and empty. I feel like I need a break. This break would temporary. I just want to relive my passion with what I do, and find meaning to my life as I do so. Hopefully it won't take long, but if it needed to, then I would. Feel free to leave the mansion, you can stop serving the family for I am no longer in the premises— no one to look after anymore. Hoping for everybody's safety, I am sorry for all the sacrifices you had to make just to serve this family.  Now all of you can rest, thank you for everything. I will surely miss all of you, and keep in mind that I will forever be grateful of all your kindness!

Sincerely yours,
Freya Kershaw 💛

I left the mansion and took Azure's words into consideration. I decided to take a leave, and find the things I was longing for, like friends, family, and other things.

I want to start anew, to start as no one.

Not as Freya Kershaw who walks in runways for breakfast, poses in photos for lunch, and making connections for dinner.

But as Allison Kershaw, who wants to experience a normal teenager and adulthood life.

I am grateful that my second name was not known. Only a handful of people know about my second name. A lot know me as Freya Kershaw, but not as Freya Allison Kershaw. I figured using my second name would prevent people from recognizing me, hopefully.

Plus, a no-make-up-me is very different from the model me. Heavy make up is always what I wore for the rest of my life in my career. From now on, I'll just finish myself with a lowkey make up, just so it could help differentiate me from the model Freya Kershaw.

I walk and walk through the busy streets but there was no clear destination in my mind. I just wanted to run away, I decided so fast that I haven't even thought about my route yet. Well, how would I plan it if I don't know a lot about the outside world?

I just want to go far from my homeland, as a lot of people might recognize me there. It will just make things harder. I took the train, although it was hell for me. I hate transportations, it makes me sick, ships are not an exception although it floats above my element.

Day and night came, but the cycle just continues. I just take a rest, walk again, eat in a cheap food store, walk again, rest or sleep in benches, walk again. Although tiring, it was fun. It's a new adventure after all, I never even experienced being this overly drenched in heat, being this tired, walking this far.

.....

3rd day of my adventure, it feels as if I've been everywhere, as if I had already rummaged through all out the Earthland.

I continue on venturing today and passed on a local food store in my area. As I happen to pass by, a lot people were eating inside and chatting. I decided to take a rest and eat there for a while. I ordered food and ate on my own, in silence, in a table.

"What are wizards, mama?" a little kid's voice catches my attention.

A kid and his mother is sitting on the table across me. Due to my kin senses, I happened to hear what they were talking about, and their topic caught my interest.

"Wizards are people that can use magic." the mother answers.

"What do they do with their magic?"

"They use it."

"How?"

The mother stops for a while to think then continues, "They can either use it for the good, or the bad. They use it for the bad when they kill people or do bad deeds using their magic, they use if for the good to provide themselves resources and at the same time help people who can't use any magic."

"How can they do that?"

"There are guilds, Facio. Wizards joins guilds then normal people can ask for help to these guilds. Then they send out wizards to solve their problems, the wizards would then receive rewards in return that they can use for their living."

The kid nods in head in amazement as he processes the new information, the same as I do. Guilds, huh? Where can we find those? It seems interesting.

•••

I continued on my adventure while still thinking about these "guilds" the mother mentioned. Apparently, I'm a wizard myself and of course, I choose to utilize this ability for the good. If I can make a living out of this ability of mine, then I'm probably solved.

My goal is now to find a guild and more information about it. I am now venturing with a purpose, you can say I'm developing now...

I walk and walk, but not looking in front of me. There were lots of people and I was eager on seeing any sign about guilds so I looked around.

Suddenly, "Argh!" I winced in pain, as I realize I bumped into something hard....

"Grr!" I mutter under my breathe in annoyance and caress my forehead. I looked up to see where I bumped and was ready to fight to anyone .... to see only a mysteriously tall guy, looking down directly at me with a deadly glare on his eyes.

His eyes were black, he has a black coat hanging on his shoulders, and his hair was blonde. There were bandages all over his body, it seems like his badly injured. Despite the bandages on his face, I noticed a weird scar found on his right eye, forming a shape of a lightning.

Weird, that's just like mine..... but a different shape.

"You're staring too much."

My eyes went round as an orange, and I could swear my whole face was as red as a tomato. I looked away and shrugged my thoughts off. What was I doing?

I stepped back in fear, swallowed my saliva, and tried to look tough. The guy was scary, and handsome I must say, but I should not look like I'm intimidated. I must be ready any minute...

"Watch where you're going." he said with a gruff voice, his eyes still glowering at me.

I cleared my throat and maintained my composure, "Sorry."

I then quickly moved to the side and continued walking away.

What an embarrassing encounter.....