𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 - 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐚

eventually, messiah showed up. he's a junior, just like me and lani. jamell and jordyn are seniors. since my brother is a slacker, he still be in some of my classes. on my way to my locker, i stopped and saw melly putting his stuff in his locker. "bro, who is "kyrieesco" is on instagram?"

that's my boy, ky. he a senior. why?" I
i just looked back down at my phone to go to his page. "nothing." He gave me stank face. "he don't want you, mayana. the answer is no."

"mmcht, the answer for what?" he shut his locker and followed me to mine. i knew where it was because of orientation. "you can't fuck with him. none of my friends can date my sister. end of the story."

"who said i wanted to?" i scrolled down his page and followed him back instantly. he is foineee. once we got to my locker, i heard him smack his lips behind me. "'wHo SaId I wAnTeD tO?' headass. i said no mayana." i put my combination in, then turned to him. "jamell, you do not fuckin own me so chill out. he's cute and he thinks the same about me so why not get to know him a little bit?"

he rolled his eyes and started walking. "if donald trump think you cute and comment heart eyes would you want to get to know him and fuck?" he said starting to slowly walk away.

"¿QUIÉN DICE QUE QUIERO FOLLARLO? (WHO SAID I WANTED TO FUCK HIM?) it's like you're trying to call me a hoe or something." i said that wayyy louder than I wanted to. "you can't let my past define me." he turned around towards me and sighed. "i'm sorry, maya. but i don't want you to be with anyone right now. i won't be able to focus on you especially with everything before graduation."

"you don't need to." i said as the minute bell rung. "i'll talk to you later." he said kissing my forehead and continuing to his class. mine was in the opposite direction. my first class was AP Biology, Room #204. it was on my right side and everyone was settling into their stools. there was an empty table in the back right-hand corner of the room. i sat there and not long after, someone sat next to me.

i didn't even look up from my phone for a minute until i noticed long drapes of wavy hair on the table-- and the smell of weed. that's when i looked up to see a light-skinned face with a nice, sharp ass jawline with pecan shaped eyes looking toward the front of the class. a plain navy blue tee and all white high-top air force ones. it was him. he looked back at me with an attitude. "wassup, shorty?"

i hesitated so i just said hey in a scratchy ass tone. good first impression. "you're the one who commented under my post this morning, right?" i asked him, already knowin the answer.

"yeah. you mayana. but everybody calls you maya." and then guess what he did-- LICKED HIS LIPS. "don't think I'm a lil stalker or anything but I have my source." in my head, i'm thinking what "source"? i don't think any of my friends even know him and jamell wouldn't tell him anything based on what he said in the hallway earlier.

the teacher came into the class without even saying a single word to us. i wanted to start a conversation with him without being too awkward; plus he looks mean. i just said, " how long have you known my brother? " he looked up and thought for a little bit. "for five years now, maybe. we was hooping together and had mutual friends. i can tell he really love you too; you the apple of his eye."

he leaned in closer to me and whispered in my ear, " well, shorty. guess what? i'm tryna make the apple of mine too." he picked up his phone smiling and leaving me blushing hard as hell. i need to chill out. he isn't gonna be anything more to my than my brother's friend. just melly's friend. right?