chapter seventeen

It was lunch time when they decided to hold auditions for a new bassist

It was lunch time when they decided to hold auditions for a new bassist. Tristan was late because he was with Leona, but it wasn't really all that surprising. She was still his top priority.

So far, the auditions weren't going well.

Andy was currently resting with her head in her hands. Why was this so hard? Surely there must have been someone as good as Leona in their school.

"Caffeine break, kiddos!", Mara said cheerfully as she entered the room.

"Mrs. Castle, you are a god send", Tyler said as he took one of the cups of coffee from the woman's tray.

"Special made for you, bug", Mara smiled, handing Andy a caramel frappe. It was the only coffee she drank, basically.

"How's it going?", Peter asked as he entered the room. He was followed by Ned, who quickly struck up a conversation with Jada. Andy hoped that he officially asked her out soon. She couldn't take it anymore. They were just so adorable.

"Awful", Andy groaned. "They all suck."

"Andy!", Mara scolded.

"No, she's right", Tyler nodded. "They suck."

"Where have you been?", Jada asked when Tristan, alongside Leona, entered the room.

"Sorry", was all Tristan sheepishly said.

"Have you still not talked?", Andy whispered to her friend.

"Nope", Tyler answered simply.

"Tyler!", she scolded, "isn't that how we got in this mess in the first place?"

"Andy, I really don't need to talk about it", Tyler said reassuringly. "And he doesn't either or he would try harder. Let it go, please?"

"Fine." She sighed, turning her attention to Leona. "Please tell me you're here to come back", Andy pouted.

Leona shook her head. "Not right now. I think I wanna see how I do on my own for a bit." Ouch. Had she been dropped? Leona wrapped her arms around Andy, smiling. "But I'm still always here for you."

"Good."

"Mind if I stay in here with you?", Peter asked.

Andy shook her head. "Not at all."

Well, everyone that had signed up auditioned. None of them were good enough. Not all of them were bad, but no one had impressed Andy. She wanted some sort of instant connection, or at least to feel something!

Even though Peter had told her that it wouldn't feel the same as it did with Leona, she was still looking for it. She didn't want to be disappointed, but it looked like that was the direction things were headed. It wasn't that she was trying to replace Leona altogether, but Andy wanted someone who could fit in with their group. Lucid Dreams was more than just a band to her. It was a family.