chapter twenty-one

A/N: I just wanted to give a quick heads up that there's another time skip between this chapter and the previous one

A/N: I just wanted to give a quick heads up that there's another time skip between this chapter and the previous one. Not a big one, but still.

"Not so fast, kid", Tony said. Peter groaned, turning to face the man. How did he always know? "I'm pulling you off this mission."

"What?"

"I tried to let you handle this on your own, but you're not doing a good job. People almost got hurt. You almost got hurt."

"Mr. Stark, I can do this", Peter argued. "You know I can do this."

Tony crossed his arms, clearly not relenting. "I thought you could do this, but it seems like it's too much for you to handle. You wanna protect them, I get that. And you want to be the one to bring in the person who tried to hurt them... I definitely get that. But I can't have you getting hurt. You get hurt, that's on my head because I'm responsible for you every time you put on that suit, do you understand that?"

Peter sighed, looking down at the ground. "Yes, sir, I understand. But—"

"No buts. Let me handle this one."

"He won't stop", Peter said as Tony started to walk away. "You know he won't. I don't know what he's got against me, but he won't leave me and the people I care about alone."

"And I'm giving you permission to do whatever you think you should do when that happens, but right now I'm telling you to just fall back. Be a kid, Peter. Your little friend, didn't you say she had some kind of a competition to go to today?"

"She has the first round of battle of the bands today", Peter mumbled. He knew because Andy had been flittering around the house in a tizzy all week. He wasn't sure what she was doing now because he and May were finally able to go home, but he could only imagine that it was probably about ten times worse.

"Great", Tony said, lifting his arms up briefly. "Go to that. Have fun. Don't get into trouble — I mean it."

Peter watched him go with a slight look of disdain. If Tony thought that Peter was just going to give up on this, then he was wrong. For once, he was wrong. He was angry when the Goblin went after May. But now he was furious that not one but two people he loved had been targeted just for being associated with him, and even Harry had been hurt in the process. Goblin was going after Peter's own heart, and that was something he could not allow. No, he had to be the one to end this.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・・・・・✪・・・・✪ ・・・・

"Oh my god", Andy squeaked, ducking back behind the curtains and pulling them closed. "That's a lot of people."

"Nothing we can't handle", Tyler shrugged. All of her bandmates were relaxing currently, so Andy seemed to be the only one freaking out.

"We've never performed in front of that many people before!", Andy argued.