Edoras

*Taurieth POV*

  We walked out of the forest. My home, my friend, my everything. I looked back one more time, saying goodbye to the trees in my head. Gandalf stopped and blew a whistle.

  "What are you doing?" I asked.

  "Oh, you'll see," He said smiling. Then I saw it. A horse. It was one of the Mearas. His fur was as white as the snow and he was running towards us gracefully.

  "That is one of the Mearas unless my eyes are cheated by some spell," said Legolas.

  "Shadowfax. He is the lord of all horses. And has been my friends through many dangers," I heard Mithrandir say. I walked beside him.

  "Should I call her as well?" I asked. Mithrandir looked at me.

  "Yes you should, Taurieth."

  Then I blew a clear whistle, higher tone than Gandalf had used. A few seconds later, I spotted a black figure coming towards in our direction. This horse had midnight black furs, opposite from Shadowfax. When the horse stopped. I petted her muzzle. Legolas's eyes grew wide in surprise.

  "She is a Mearas too, is she not?" He asked. I nodded, smiling.

  "Her name is Vaile. My parents gave her to me as my first birthday present. Since then, she has been my friend," I said. The name Vaile meant 'wind' in elvish. She was as fast as the wind itself when needed.

   We ran over an open clearing until the sight of a city came in view.

  "Edoras," I muttered to myself. I never got close to the city if I could, even though I lived not far from there. I just didn't like being around a large number of humans.

  "The golden hall of Edoras. There dwells Theoden, son of Thengel, who's mind is overthrown," said Gandalf. So he's going to free the king. From whatever he was trapped in.

  We rode again and reached the gate. I saw a flag with a horse on it fall next to us.

  "You'll find more cheer in a graveyard," The dwarf said as we entered the city. I quietly agreed with him, though I'll never admit it. When we reached the gate of what seemed to be the palace, a guard came out.

  "I cannot let you armed before King Theoden, Gandalf Grayham, by order of Grima Wormtongue," he said. I was sure that this Grima had something to do with the King needing to be freed. Gandalf looked at us and nodded. Legolas. Aragorn and Gimli gave their weapons to them, but I stayed where I was.

  "Your weapons, Miss," the guard spoke to me. I looked at Mithrandir, who nodded. Realizing that I have no other choice, I sighed.

  "This is gonna take a while. Hope you guys don't mind," I said, earning few curious gazes.

  They all looked confused, including Mithrandir. First, I gave them my bow and my quiver. Next, I handed them my twin swords, similar to Legolas's. Then my long sword. And 2 hidden daggers from my arm straps, 2 from my boots, 2 more from my arms, 2 more from my legs. 

  True, it's been a while since I used them, but I liked carrying them around with me. It made me feel safe. They stared at me in shock.

  "There you go. If you break anything, I'll be killing you. Without my weapons," I threatened the guard that took my weapons. He nodded, both surprised and scared. Satisfied, I returned to the company. They were staring me in shock.

  "It's self-defence," I said. Aragorn shook his head.

  "You carry as many weapons as you can, do you not?" He asked. I smirked. I was kinda starting to like this guy.

  "Actually, there are 2 more daggers attached to my quiver," I said as a matter of factly. They stared at me in shock again.

  "Well, I guess we should be going in then?" I asked Mithrandir.

  "Ah, yes," he answered and started walking. But the guard blocked him.

  "Your staff," he said.

  "Hmm? Oh, you would not part an old man from his walking stick, would you?" And with that, we entered the palace.