Past

**The picture is Lenian/Aldawen**

 *Flashback*

 - In the Mirkwood forest -

  "Spiders!" A guard cried out loud. The patrol went into battle motion. Legolas grabbed an arrow, as spiders closed in from every direction.

  "Attack!!!" Legolas yelled. The elves started fighting, for their home and lives.

  "There are too many, Legolas!" An elleth shouted. An elf with light brown hairs and pale green eyes. Legolas looked at her.

  "Yes, Lenian. Feren! Go back to the castle and bring backups. Now!" Feren nodded and ran, leaving the patrol with only 4 elves.

  "My prince! There are more coming!" Another guard called. As if they didn't know what 'rest' means, the spiders just kept on coming and coming.

  "Where do they come from?!" Lenian said frustrated, killing another spider.

  "I've got no idea!" Legolas answered, sticking his blade into a spider.

  "We can't hold them off much longer, my prince. We're all going to die!" a very helpful guard informed them. 

  Legolas and Lenian exchanged worried glances. If the spiders kept on coming at this rate, they were going to be all dead, whether they like it or not.

  "Where's Feren? He should be back by now!" Lenian shouted.

  "I don't know. I hope he comes soon enough!" Legolas said as they killed spiders side by side. A horn blew.

  "Backup!!!!" Legolas and Lenian shouted together. Feren was leading 6 more elves to the fight, giving them advantages. Legolas was so glad that he didn't notice the spider coming behind him. Feren opened his mouth to warn the prince, but it was too late. Everything seemed to be in the slow-motion.

  The spider got ready to sink its fang into the flesh of the Mirkwood prince. Legolas turned back, his eyes widening in shock. He closed eyes, preparing to feel the pain. But it never came. He opened his eyes. Lenian had fired an arrow, making the spider stop for a moment. Then she threw herself between the prince and the spider, taking her twin knives out. The spider was extremely angry at her. They started to fight, and as if that was a sign, the others started fighting too. 10 elves vs 12 spiders. 

  The battle was won quickly by the elves. Lenian and Legolas's arrows were all spent, and Lenian's knives were in need of good care.

  They headed back for the palace peacefully, until an ambush came suddenly out of nowhere. The group was separated into 2 by the spiders. The elves were tired and most of them had no weapons left. Legolas got a cut on his leg and fell down. A spider came to attack him and he had no strength left. Lenian has no arrows to fire at this time. Others were too busy keeping themselves alive, and she was the closest elf to the prince. 

  Just when the spider was about to kill the prince, she ran to him and pushed him out of the way, making the spider bite her. Legolas's ears filled up with the scream of her. Other guards came and killed the spider, but it was too late. Legolas went by her side and lifted her head.

  "Lenian, Lenian! Wake up Mellon nin!" Legolas cried desperately. Lenian opened her eyes and looked at Legolas, smiling weakly.

  "You fool. Why did you do that? Why?" Legolas sobbed, burying his head to her hairs.

  "I had to... you were going to get killed," Lenian answered, wiping the tears away from Legolas's face.

  "My life before royalty," Lenian whispered. It was something that every guard had to swear. She gave Legolas a warm smile. And then she was gone. Legolas sobbed openly now, feeling the grief beyond measure. Other guards looked at the prince sympathetically. They knew that the prince and Lenian had been close, but they never showed that they were. And now seeing the prince mourning for her death, it was clear that they were very close.

  "Come back to me, Leni. Please." Legolas whispered to her ear. But she was gone, and he couldn't change that. He stood up, carrying her in his arms, and headed for the palace.