I Release You From The Spell

*Taurieth POV*

  We walked inside the palace, and the door closed behind us with a thud. The hall was lit with some torches, and there was an old man sitting on the throne. There was also another man that looked like a snake. No mortal would have been able to hear him, but since I was an elf, I could hear him clearly.

 **Little bit of time skip**

  "Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear. Lathspell I name him. Ill news is an ill guest," the snake-looking man kept on talking, much to my dismay. 

  "Shut your mouth. I did not come all the way from Fangorn to here just to here your disgusting words," I said coldly.

  He looked surprised at my words. Had he never heard someone talking like that?

 **TIME SKIP, yes, again**

  "You did not kill me and you will not kill him!" As Mithrandir started to lift the curse from king Theoden, I punched the man that was coming to get me in the face. Gimli caught Grima Wormtongue trying to escape. Aragorn prevented a lady from running to the King.

  Then Mithrandir spoke his final words and the King of Rohan was free. The lady, who turned out to be the King's niece, ran to his side and they had a lovely reunion. I was never a fan of those hugging and soft words, so I quietly slipped out. I found my weapons lying on a table nearby, and got them on position. It felt right. I thought about going back inside, but I didn't want to. Well, I didn't want to see the dwarf and Thranduilion again. I just stared into the distance, to where my home is.

  "Do you miss it?"

  *3rd person POV*

  Taurieth reached for her dagger and pointed at the owner of the voice. It was Legolas. He was holding his hands up, his eyes fixed in the dagger in front of his throat. Taurieth exhaled. She took the dagger away and looked into the distance again.

  "Miss what?" She asked, no emotions in her voice.

  "Fangorn Forest?" Legolas asked again. Taurieth remained quiet. Legolas kept on talking.

  "I miss my home too. Mirkwood. I never thought I would say this, but I miss my father as well," then he stopped, looking at the distance.

  "I really am sorry about your parents, Taurieth," he spoke quietly. Taurieth didn't answer. She turned her back from the Fangorn and looked at the golden hall of Edoras. It wasn't just her parents that the Mirkwood royals had taken from her. There was also someone dearer than her parents.

  "I had a sister," she said quietly.

  "What was she like? If may I ask?" Legolas asked.

  "Her name was Aldawen. We used to have the best of time together. When I was with her, I could forget about everything that worried me. She was a true miracle to me. She would show me loads of tricks. It was her that introduced Mithrandir to me," Taurieth paused and Legolas asked her another question.

  "Where is she now?"

  Green eyes met icy blue ones, and Legolas thought no other eyes can be more green.

  "She's dead," Taurieth answered. They fell quiet again.

  "Can I ask how?" Legolas asked.

  "Spider bite. Does that remind you of anyone? She was a guard in Mirkwood," said Taurieth. Legolas was stunned.

  "She had light brown hair, her eyes were pale green. Her quiver had a unique marking on it. And her hair was short for an elf. Anyone? Oh, I forgot. In Mirkwood, she used the name Lenian."

  Legolas froze. Lenian. It was the name of a guard who had saved his life 300 years ago from a spider attack on a patrol. And the name of an elf he dearly cared about.