Thranduil

"I don't think it's a good idea to go see your father with a dwarf on your tail, Legolas," I whispered, as he leads us towards the throne room. "Who knows how he'll react?"

"I'm willing to take the risk. Besides, with you there, he'll have to keep his attitude," Legolas replied. "After all, he owes a debt to your father."

I fell silent at his comment. It's been more than 500 years, nearly 1000 years now, and I still wasn't used to talking or hearing about my family. Even though I had someone I could call a family now, I still missed them. Legolas must have sensed that he had touched a sensitive topic.

"I'm sorry," he said, squeezing my hand.

"It wasn't your fault," I said, forcing a smile. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

It was his father's fault. Thranduil was the reason my parents were dead. Even though Saruman told me that he had specifically instructed the beast to kill them, I still couldn't... forgive him.

With those kinds of thoughts racing through my mind, I found myself walking towards a blond elf sitting on a throne, with a crown upon his head, sitting like he was the king of the world, showing off arrogant vibes. He was talking to a guard. A sudden hatred rose in me.

"Father," Legolas called. The king looked away from the guard and to his son.

"Legolas," he said, standing up. "You are dismissed," he told the guard. He didn't seem to notice me. Probably because I stopped midway and remained hidden in the shadows.

"This is Gimli, son of Gloin, a member of the fellowship and my friend."

There. He said it. He spilt the bins to who was probably the most dwarf-hating elf. Thranduil raised his eyebrows. Suddenly a spark of anger showed in his eyes. I was glad I stayed in the shadows, behind the giant pillars.

"Gimli, at your service," Gimli said. That didn't seem to please the great Thranduil, judging from his deepening scowl.

"Legolas, I thought-" Thranduil started, but Legolas quickly cut him off.

"And this is Taurieth- where did she go?" Legolas said, realizing the fact that I wasn't there. "Taurieth?" he called.

I took a deep breath as I stepped out of the darkness.

"It's been some time since I saw you, King Thranduil," I said, trying to hide my emotions as much as I can. However, Thranduil made no such attempt and I could see how he felt as clear as daylight in his eyes. I'd rather not go talking about it. "I believe you enjoyed your precious little life very much," I could hear the hatred rising in my voice.

"Taurieth. Daughter of Galenorn," Thranduil said quietly. "I see him in you."

"I'm his daughter. Of course, I look like him," I said coldly.

There was a hint of pain in his eyes. Why? What did have to be painful about? He should be grateful that he was alive, not burned to ashes.

"I am sorry for your loss," he whispered so quietly that I barely caught it. "He was a great guard."

"And would still be, if it wasn't for you," I whispered back, gritting my teeth. Thranduil took a deep breath.

"Taurieth, perhaps I should show you around," Legolas suggested. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"On second thoughts, I don't think I'm ready," I said. "I don't think I can stand being in the same place as the elf who killed my parents."

I practically ran towards the door again after that, not bothering to look back, ignoring Legolas's call.