0.05 | when trouble ensues

"You're late

"You're late. Where were you at this hour?" Noah Choi asked Sybil who sighed as she sat down across him.

"I was playing hide-and-seek with a few creatures." Noah furrowed his brows. What was this girl saying? Is she drunk again?

"I swear to Merlin, if you took shots before you fed Ryuu I'm going to hit you with this wine glass."

"At this point I think I'll pass on the wine and instead get some coffee."

"I could hear the Brit in you crying in disappointment."

"Well the tea isn't cutting it anymore. I feel so tired."

Ryuu peeked his head from Sybil's bag upon smelling the steak Sybil ordered. As soon as the waiter turned his back, she placed the plate beside her so she can hide the eating dragon.

"What have you heard?" Sybil asked, her voice a little deeper as she eyed the folder Noah pushed towards her.

"There's not much I can find as an Obliviator before they get suspicious. All I know is that the MACUSA is in a very panicked state right now. The secrecy of magical community is at a great risk. With Gellert Grindelwald on the loose, he could be anywhere. Even here in America. What's making the situation is Mary Lou. Who knows what will happen to us if he decides to expose us at the very place where our most notorious hunter resides." Noah whispered grimly.

"Have you reported to the Ministry yet?"

"Haven't got the time. Some of my mates in MACUSA are getting suspicious with me skipping on breaks to find more information. What about you? Have you heard from the Chief Auror?"

"Someone's recklessly using magic in the city. I had a glimpse on the file but it didn't look like something that came out from someone's wand. It was more... destructive and deadlier. Like it was something of natural causes."

A beat passed between the duo as they processed the information. Sybil groaned. She didn't know how hard it was to be a spy for the Ministry until she accepted the case with Noah. This was one of the days she regretted her choice of being an Auror. First of all, she didn't know how long until they're found out. The whole relationship between two communities lie on their shoulders. She didn't like to think about what will happen if they're caught. Second, as the situation grows bigger and bigger, it's getting harder to keep up with information. The files are no longer given to her in hopes of strict confidentiality. Third, they need to report now but they don't know how.

"Senator Shaw has been murdered!" Series of gasps echoed the previously silent cafe.

"Why? Did anyone say who did it?"

"They're saying it's witches!" Skeptic looks were exchanged. Sybil looked at Noah whose face was looking darker.

"Do you think someone killed him? Do you think it's him?" Noah asked Sybil who shook her head and leaned back.