0.10 | for hope

Newt, Sybil, Noah, Tina, Queenie and Jacob all stood on a rooftop as they watched the black mass wreck whatever was in its way

Newt, Sybil, Noah, Tina, Queenie and Jacob all stood on a rooftop as they watched the black mass wreck whatever was in its way. Sybil neared the edge, looking at the mass in wary and sympathy. This was a child. A child who was forced to hide his own magic because of unfavorable circumstances they couldn't control. Screams made her turn as she watched muggles run in fury and desperation. It was only a matter of time before the MACUSA arrives to kill the child and she didn't know what to feel about that. A part of her knows that she couldn't let the innocent die and that if killing the child is what needs to be done to protect them, then there is nothing else to do. But the other part of her knows that they are facing a child, a child who is not in control and needs their help more than anything.

"Jeez... Is that the Obscuriathing?" Sybil sighed, eyes avoiding Jacob's fearful and overstimulated gaze. Sirens rang from the distance as she continued to register the events unfolding before her.

"That's more powerful than any Obscurial I have ever heard of..." A particular loud explosion in the distance caused Sybil to flinch. The city was burning and she felt so numb at that time.

"What are you—" Newt pushed his case in Sybil's arms as he avoid her gaze. He hands a journal, resting it on the case as Sybil stares with her mouth agape.

"If I don't come back, look after my creatures. Everything that you need to know is in there."

"What? Wait." Sybil couldn't say anything as realization dawns her and keeps her from moving.

"They're not killing it." Newt looks back to the Obscurus that was still leaving destruction in its wake. Sybil tried to catch his gaze and when she did, Newt felt stunned at the emotion in her eyes. He has never seen the calm and collected female look so scared and worried. Neither spoke a word, relishing in the moment as the words they could have said was left unspoken. Hurriedly moving, Sybil wrapped her arms around the male tightly, desperately as if he would vanish into thin air if she didn't hold tight enough.

"I don't know how to take care of lives, Newt. That's why you better come back safe and sound. You have to come back to me alive. If you don't I'll go to wherever you are and kill you again. Do you understand?" Sybil swallowed down her tears as she whimpered the words out, terrified of what might happen to her friend. Newt looked at her before pulling Sybil's necklace from his pocket, placing his hand over hers for a moment.

"I'm sorry." Newt whispered as he wrapped his arms around her briefly before pulling himself away and Disapparating. Chaos consumed Sybil's senses as her mind went black, unable to process what was happening. Taking a shaky breath, she passed the case and journal to a dazed Noah whose gaze snapped to her.

"You heard him. Look after the creatures." She managed to say as she went to the edge, surveying the streets.

"What are you thinking?!" Noah exclaimed in horror as he tried reaching out to the female. When their eyes met, Noah felt all his arguments die down. Determination filled her whole being and despite still being scared, she knew better than to do nothing.