16| Evidence Acquired

SAM

I had gotten some shocking news after doing my research on I-CURE hospital. I also got some other useful information, I got a map of the entire hospital so I knew exactly where to find the files. I planned to go tonight after hours to get exactly what I needed.

........

That night, after dinner, I left for my room. As soon as I locked the door behind me, my plan commenced. I got ready in all black and a backpack filled with supplies before climbing out of my room and landing on the grass with a soft thud. I got my car and began driving to the hospital.

After about half an hour, I got close. I parked my car about a block away then began walking over to the building in a crouched down position. I reached the front door and easily picked the locks with a screwdriver. I mentally pat myself on the back as the door budged open.

It made a small creaking sound as I opened it but it was nothing too significant. I took out my phone and checked the map again. I needed to get to the second floor. I sighed as I noticed the flight of stairs right through the reception. I tip toed through and reached the stairs before going up quietly.

As soon as I got to the storage room, I pulled out my screwdriver again before jamming it in the hole and jiggling it around before hearing a small click then opening the door.

I entered the dark room with a small smile but immediately I turned on the lights, my smile immediately dropped. The room was filled with cabinets which I hoped were properly arranged alphabetically.

I sighed and began searching.

JAXON

I waited but the nurse never came but I did get a visit from my dad's assistant, Clay. I mentally sighed as I saw him sitting there waiting for me in the dimly little room but in reality, I gave him a fake smile and sat down.

"My parents' are too busy to come see their arrested child?" I asked coldly and he bit his lip and gave an apologetic smile.

"Figures" I said and looked away.

"Wait a minute" he said and trapped my chin with his fingers before turning my face to him.

"Who did this to you?" He asked and I muttered the answer.

"I will have them fined for allowing this to happen to you" he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, where's Dave?" I asked referring to my Family's lawyer.

"I came to introduce you to your new lawyer, Mr Monroe" he said and called out before the supposed Mr Monroe strode in.

"What happened to Dave?" I paused and stared at the man as he sat next to Clay.

"Dad catch mom fucking him too?" I said with a chuckle and Clay sent me a small glare.

"I'm Harper Monroe and I will be your lawyer for the case" he said outstretching a hand to me but I just stared at it.

"Jaxon" Clay called my name in a scolding manner but I just scoffed and rolled my eyes while he apologised to the man.

"I have read all the files and this case does not seem to be in your favour" Mr Monroe said flipping through a copy of said files.

"Then why waste your time on a lost cause?" I asked with a brow raised.

"It's my job no matter the likeliness of you winning the case or not" he said a bit loudly showing that he was getting mad.

"Okay fine but you should know that I already have a plan, you are just back up" I said pointing him and referring to Sam's promise.

I'll get you out of here

SAM

It didn't take too long and I had found the files I needed, I quickly took out my phone and took a picture of each page before taking them and heading up stairs to make copies. I needed pictures and a copy, I didn't want to take any chances.

After a successful climb up the stairs, I get in the surprisingly open business centre and get to work immediately. I sit and wait as the paper's were being copied out.

"I'll get you out of there" I whisper and the copying machine made a loud sound at the last page and I panicked and quickly yanked the plug out of the outlet. It was then that I saw the sign

'Warning: Faulty. Do not use'

"Who's there? " I heard a man shout.

A guard. I squeaked and grabbed my back pack before sprinting to the other side of the room and hiding behind the computers.

"There's no one there" I heard another man before the door creeked open.

I held my breath the best I could because I was panting so loudly earlier. My heart raced as the computers formed a shadow on the wall showing that the flashlight was being pointed at the exact spot I was hiding.

"Come on, I told you no one was in here" the second man said and the first one sighed loudly.

"You're probably right, it must've been the booze your dumbass made me drink tonight that's gotten my head jacked up" he said to the second man but he just laughed.

"I told you to ditch work tonight and come with me but you said no so I brought the party to you" he said and both of them left to argue somewhere else.

I let out a heavy breath and took out the printed papers before heading back to return the original files. It was no hassle but then I had to go to the last room. The security room, where I'd delete the footage of tonight.

........

The door was open, correction, the lock was broken. I shrugged and just opened the door. I was surprised to see the Guard out cold on the floor. I bent down to check his pulse. He was alive.

Did someone already break in?

I shrugged again, it was none of my concern anyway. I walked closer to the computers. All cameras were already disabled.

Someone definitely broke in already

I walked out of the room feeling a bit scared that I might run into the actual person that broke in, that is, if he or she was still in the building.

I managed to reach the ground floor before slipping out with all the necessary evidence unseen.