18| The Case

I stood with my knees weak but my body vibrating with rage as Peter stood with a sly smirk on his face, in his hands were my phone and the folder containing the files. I grunted and began stomping over to him like a crazed predator after its prey.

"Lay a finger on me and I'll use any bruise, scratch or cut against your little boy friend" he said sternly pointing at me and my body immediately drained of energy.

"Good boy" he smiled innocently and I growled.

"Growl all you want, you'll never win this battle" he said.

"Why are you even doing this to him?" I asked weakly and he bent over laughing wickedly.

"Oh no sweetheart, I mean no serious harm to Jaxon, you're the one that's my problem" he said managing to scowl deeply at me.

"What did I..." he cut me off.

"Don't you even ask that, you're the one that can't mind your own business" he paused.

"Back at the party, did anybody asked you to barge into the closet uninvited? I don't think so. This whole investigation, was it your duty to initiate it and even drag your best friend into it, oh sorry ex bestfriend" he teased while smirking evilly at me making me glare at him.

"Don't give me that look, you brought this on yourself, you're the bad guy, not me" he said shaking his head accordingly.

"So now what do you plan on doing?" I asked and his smirk turned into a smile.

"This. Now" before I could comprehend what he had just said, I felt some lean muscular arms wrap tightly around my neck while a napkin with a strange smelling liquid probably poured on it was pressed against my face. I kicked and struggled the best I could but I slowly felt my limbs go weak and my vision begin to blur. It wasn't long until I slumped to the floor with a hard fall and the darkness consumed my vision.

.........

"Wakey wakey sleepy head" I heard the familiar voice whisper and my eyes slowly fluttered open. I jumped a bit and heard the jiggling of metal colliding with one another.

  I looked up at my wrist which was cuffed to a table leg which seemed to be bolted to the floor.

"Why am I...where am I.." I frantically asked while aggressively tugging on the metal.

"Oh quit struggling you're giving me a headache" I had already stopped mid sentence but I tugged on it loudly one last time purposefully making a noise and pissing him off.

"You're annoying" he groaned.

"And you're a butt faced little twerp" I seethed.

"Touching words coming from the guy that's cuff to a table" he teased and I grunt and looked away.

"Oh come on, don't be a party pooper, I still haven't made my little evil speech thing yet" he said clearing this throat afterwards but I still chose not to look at his face.

"Nothing? Well okay since you prefer things done the hard way" he said and before I could do anything else, I felt a burning sensation on my cheek. He slapped me.

  He then grabbed my jaw and turned me to face him

"Maybe that'll teach you" he said through gritted teeth but then smiled warmly at the end.

"Now it all started at the party, it was supposed to be the party of the year. Peter's caretaker, or as you simpletons like to call, babysitter, decided to leave Peter on that very night, oh but Peter sad while I got angry and...well let's not get into her punishment. Peter was not and I repeat NOT enjoying the party so he decided to just stare at the beautiful stars on the lawn. Peter then became curious after glancing over at dear old Sammy as he got out of his car. It was then he smirked to himself. Fresh meat. After putting on a show at the living room, the fish took the bait.." he paused to laugh.