17| Evidence?

When I got back home, I climbed into my room but as soon as I got in, I realised that it was dark and I didn't turn off my room lights before leaving. The lights were suddenly turned on and the first thing I saw was the angry face of my own mother, I jumped with a screech and landed on my butt before wincing in pain.

"Mom I was..." she put up her hand and I stopped talking.

  I tensed up as she slowly walked over to me. She then knelt down to my level as I still sat on the floor.

  The next thing she did surprised me. He hugged me tightly and sobbed against my shoulder.

"It's okay honey" she whispered but I sat there confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked and she pulled away.

"Your boyfriend, he got arrested" she said and I smiled a little.

"He's not my boyfriend" I said and she pulled a frown before sniffling.

"And it's nothing for you to cry about mom" I said and wiped her face.

"How did you find out anyway? I asked as we both got up.

"It's all over the news, at first I was scared and came up to look for you but you weren't in bed so I called Kenzie and she explained" she said and I sighed and nodded at the fact that I've been so caught up with Jaxon that I forgot to apologize and thank her for her help.

"Trial's in two days and I've got evidence" I said taking off my back pack.

"Everything's gonna turn out just fine" she said and I nodded and we hugged it out. She left my room afterwards and I kept the files locked away in a safe place.

.........

  The next day after school, I drove straight to the station. The traffic was terrible and I had to spend twice as much time on the road, by the time I got to the station, I was angry and flustered due to all the shouting I was doing at the other drivers. I managed to calm down before seeing Jaxon though.

  I was taken to a room this time before spending a few minutes waiting for some officers to bring him to me.

  Immediately he walked in with two policemen by his side, I gave him a small smile but that smile slowly dissappeared as I noticed his face was messed up. He had a black eye and a cut on his jaw along with a few other bruises.

"What happened?" I croaked as he sat down on the other side of the table.

"I interacted " he said making air quotes and I sighed and facepalmed.

"He was talking shit about you" he defended.

"Doesn't matter, you could have gotten seriously hurt dumbass" I gently shoved his shoulder.

"Quit man handling me" he whined and I rolled my eyes.

"Quit acting like a kid, I have good news" I said and his eyes brightened.

"What?" He asked and I began explaining.

"You snuck into a hospital!" He yelled out and I shushed him immediately.

"Keep your voice down" I warned and he nodded but still perked up his ears.

"I found some of his files and it wasn't just any hospital, it's a mental hospital" I whisper yelled and he gasped in surprise.

"Are you mother fracking serious?" He asked desperately leaning against the table.

"Yes weirdo" I said thumping his forehead playfully.

"Again with the man handling" he grumbled and I giggled.

"I promised you I'd get you out of here and I will" I said and he slowly took my hand in his.

  He then took up my hand and brought it closer to his lips. His warm breath against my skin sent blood rushing up to mu face. He smirked at my flustered face before quickly licking my hand.

"Eekk!" I screeched and pulled my hand away before desperately wiping it against my jeans.

"Oh you should have seen your face" he said in between laughs and I shot him a death glare.

"I take back every kiss" I said pointing at him with a scowl on my face.

"Oh come on" he rolled his eyes at me.

"You know I love you" after realizing what he had just said, my mouth went dry but he, on the other hand, looked unfazed.

"What, cat got your tongue?" He teased and began poking my cheek.

"Shut up you turd" I swatted his had away.

"Time's up kids" one of the officers said and I could've sworn we still had two minutes but I left after receiving a surprise peck on the lips from Jaxon.

.......

  Immediately I left the station, I felt weird. Like something bad was gonna happen. It was a strange feeling but I was pulled out of my thoughts when some kid bumped into me.

"Oops sorry" he muttered but I paid no attention to him and walked to my car.

  I started the engine before driving back home. I parked my car in the garage before heading inside. Mom was still at work so the house was as empty as ever. I mentally groaned as my lazy ass found no food in the fridge. I thought about food for a few minutes before deciding on ordering some Pizza.

  It was exactly twenty minutes when I heard my door bell. I grabbed my wallet before going to answer the door. I paid for the food and tipped the guy before taking the food and putting it on the living room centre table. I surfed through Netflix before deciding on Night School. After a few laughs here and there, the movie ended and so did the Pizza. I then curled up against the couch and took a nap.

........

  I woke up to a strange sound coming from upstairs. I checked the clock and saw that mom was probably home by now. I sighed and lazily picked myself up from the furniture before heading upstairs. As I walked up the steps, I decided to take out my phone and set an alarm for the trial. I did not want to miss anything, not a single thing. The problem is, when I tapped on my pockets, empty. My eyes widened and I began  quickly jogging up the stairs. I first headed for my mom's room where I kept the files locked away in her jewellery safe. Empty.

No no no no no this is not happening. I threw my door open almost ripping it out of its hinges. I threw open my nightstand drawers, nothing. That's when I noticed my window's broken lock.

"Looking for these?" I turned slowly to the familiar voice.