prolouge

It was dark, so dark, no stars were shining. and the moon was lost in the clouds, the only light was coming from the five candles lit at the ends of the pentagram, engraved on the dry soil of the woods. the wild twins were standing in it, their arrows and bows ready to shoot each other. Bianca's blood on sable's forehead and, sable's blood on Bianca's forehead. Bianca's gaze burning holes looking at sable, they could feel pressure starts to possess their minds.

"And when the witching hour comes, shall the good live and the evil die." bellowed their grandfather, as the crowd of the witches and warlocks starts counting the last ten seconds, the last ten seconds before one of them dies.

"3....2...."

She felt fear rising upon her, her hands shaking fighting her urge to run away, and stay still. she didn't want to die, but the price of her life was the death of her twin. before they reached one, she shot the arrow that perfectly jammed her twin's heart, and she felt like her body had been replaced with ice, and electricity wired straight into her spine. As her twin's lifeless body collapsed on the ground, no longer heavy as her soul had left it. she kneeled down beside her sister's almost dead body. her once full of life green eyes turned darker colder.

"Y-you shooted it before o-ne you cheated." She struggled to make out words.

"I.. i.. i didn't want to die." She responded stuttering. tears falling down her cheeks like waterfalls, onto  her sister's face, that was getting paler.

"It's not f-air." She said gasping for air, making her twin's heart ache.

"It's  not.... i know, i am sorry. i am so sorry, i am sorry. please don't leave me," She said, wishing she was the one dying.

"I killed her. i killed her, i am evil i am the evil twin, i should be the one dead." She broke down, her head fell on her twin's chest, that was no longer rising up and down. she was not breathing. she was gone, forever.

she knew she was screaming, but she couldn't hear her own voice. it was blurred by the crowds congratulating her.

Her faded screams were suddenly louder, clearer, more powerful, shuting up the crowds. the candles were blown off, some of her arrows flew uncontrollably, jamming the ground. she was painting hard, as she felt her deadly powers kick in. The pain shot up her body like fire. She cringed. It exploded in her head with a blinding whiteness. It made her dizzy. It made her reel.

Author's note

Ready for chapter one, I hope this had set the right mood for you.

Thanks for reading.