chapter 4: confrontations

2 hours and 43 minutes

Colden was laying flat on his stomach, on his bed, reading the curse book that sable had given him back. Over and over again, trying to think of a way to undo a curse that can't be undone. When his father's voice startled him,

"What are you doing with this?, how did you get?" said his father, with caution in his tone. Colden got up from his laying position.

"Nothing, just reading it." colden clenched his jaw trying to keep his cool, and not to smile, something he always does when he's lying.

"Don't play dumb, it was in my office."

"What, NO. it was in the academy's library." his hands were getting sweaty, with his father's eyes studying him.

"NO IT WASN'T" his father slammed his hand on his desk, making a loud thud, and colden jumped at the thundering sound.

"Colden, I'm not stupid, so you better tell me what you were trying to find, reading that curse." his father was leaning against his desk, with a fixed cold gaze.

"Nothing, I'm not trying to find anything. now if you'd excuse me." colden got up from his bed, walking towards the door of his room attempting to get out, but his father wasn't finished. He felt the need to remind him of how great his brother was, compared to him.

"I don't know why can't you just be like your brother, you never listen to me. it's like a game to you, to do whatever I warn you not to. why are you like this?, WHY?"

his father was taking slow steps towards him, making sure to scream the last word right in his face.

Colden stormed out of his room, and out of the whole house, leaving his big brother mark asking him what happened.

He was walking in the woods, enraged. when he heard a familiar voice, it was sable's. he walked in the direction that the voice came from, until he found a large tree, with arrows stabbed in it, then sable appeared with an older woman talking.

The woman was leaving, she grabbed something from the ground, and started walking away. he hid behind one of the huge trees, and once the woman was out of sight, he approached sable, who was sitting in silence.

"Hey," he said, awkwardly waving his hands a little. her lips curled up in a smile, but something was different about her, something darker, could be seen in her eyes, without even talking, he didn't even know her for that long. But something darker was radiating from her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, getting up.

"I was just wandering around," he contoured, putting his hands in his jeans pockets.

"What were you doing?" He asked, trying to make a conversation, but also curious.

"Nothing just sitting here," she easily lied, pushing back some of her raven hair that was flying around her face.

"Yeah that explains the arrows," he nodded in disbelief.

She rolled her eyes, snapping,"it's non of your business."

"Wait the curse book says you have to shoot an arrow through your twin's heart, oh God You were training weren't you?" His eyes widened, as realization hit him.

"Sable........ you're not going to kill your twin, you're not like that." he added, looking her in the eyes.

"You don't even know what I'm like, we've only known each other for a week, so stop." sable replied averting their eye contact.

"You're right, but I know that you're not evil. sable, trust me if you do that you'll kill the good in you." he said, with sincerity.

"I'm not gonna let her kill me!" She protested.