chapter 6: vendetta

9 hours and 8 minutes

"Where are you?" A familiar feminine voice hissed quitley, and he popped his head between two books in the shelf, to see that it was sable.

"What're you doing here?" Colden asked in a low frequency, but enough for her to hear.

"Is he here?" He asked as worry took over his features

"No, but there's footsteps, and you were taking forever!" she explained, having a hard time keeping her voice down.

"C'mon let's go!" She signaled for him to follow.

They got out of the office, closing the black giant door quietly, they began to walk hurriedly in the halls, till they heard loud, and steady steps getting close to them. they couldn't go the same way without meeting whoever that was. sable took in her surroundings, the staircase was on their right, it'll lead to the roof, and no one will find them there. colden was frozen in his place, gulping, till sable pulled him to the side behind a pillar, that was next to the stairs, making a shuffling noise.

"Who's there?" A Firm deep voice asked, colden was sure it was his father, but Sable peeked a little to see who it was. despite colden who kept shaking his head disapprovingly, as he might catch them. it was principal stone he was standing in the hallway cautiously, then they heard the footsteps getting closer, then it stopped when he reached his office, and the door was closed with a loud thud. Taking it as their cue, they rushed to climb up the stairs.

They were both panting, as they reached the last step of stairs, to get to the roof of the academy.

Sable bent forward, her hands resting on her knees, catching her breath, as colden ran to the end of the roof, unable to stop, then sat on the roof deck breathless.

"Holyshit! I thought we got caught," sable exclaimed, with a silly smile on her face.

"I thought that too," he admits, wiping sweat off of his forehead.

"Maybe we will, but hopefully after we read it."  She said monotonously

"Why are trying to make me anxious?" his eyebrows crease together, wondering why she's always thinking about the worst that could happen.

"I'm just stating facts," she replied causally, trying to put her hands in her pockets, huffing when she realized that she's wearing a dress.

"Well let's find out what's in that journal, shall we?" He stated, as he got the journal out of his jacket pocket, and sable joined him on the roof deck.

•●•

August 1965

"So, how does it feel to go to the academy?" William wild asked his sisters, who just started to go to the first academy of witches and warlocks, in dellhollow. instead of going to the mortals school, and learning spells at home.

"Well, all the mortals think we're some dangerous, rich kids now," Linda sneered.

"I reckon you have to go there, to find out brother," Carol teased gleefully, and her twin linda nodded grinning.

"I think I've learned enough, it's time to start working," William asserted.

"There are guys who're nighteen, and even older there," linda added, trying to convince their stubborn big brother.

"I know, but that academy is made for younge witches and warlocks, like yourselves. the elder ones are there because their families didn't teach them enough,"  He explained.

Linda shrugged, as the three of them continued to walk. their brother has always wanted to be a part of the witch council, and thanks to their family's reputation, that could easily happen, since their family basically ruled the witch community in dellhollow, they could take any rank they want.