Heart of Glass

I awake to the shattering of glass. I open my eyes to see my drunk mother wobbling around my room once again.

"Wake up you slut!" She yells.

I nod and watch as she walks out. I then bring my knees to my chest and silently sob. I sob for about five minutes until go and get into the shower.

I turn the knob to hot and slide out of my clothes. I gaze at my broken self in the mirror as the water warms. I trace my fingers over my collarbone and then over my thighs, feeling the scars running down my legs. A tear drips down my cheek and I walk in the shower. I run my fingers through my hair and wash it. I run soap all over my body and then turn the knob to off. I grab my towel and wrap it around my frail body. I look at myself in the mirror once again and see the bags under my eyes, the darkness in eyes, the color flushed from my cheeks. I walk to my dresser and grab some ripped skinny jeans and a black hoodie, to hide all my scars. I grab some underwear and a bra. I slip into them and brush my teeth and hair. I decide to leave my hair down today. Walking back into my room, I grab my bag and phone. I open the front door and step out into the cold harsh world that we are supposed to call home.