The Cave of the Moon

He stood in front of a cave, thinking whether it would be the best course of action. He took a large amount of air into his lungs, releasing it shortly in a sigh. He was glad that he was getting better and better, but he had noticed that his aura has been getting slightly erratic. Though he knew that with the meditation routine he oftenly did with Aaron, it was helping him a lot.

But going back to his adventure, he had to traverse through Mount Moon, the darkest place in the Kanto region. He fortunately had Ambrose to help him traverse through it safely, but even he knew that unexpected things may happen either way. This was the cave that people were calling 'The Mysterious Cave' because of an unsolved mystery.

He didn't want to deal with that, all he wanted was to arrive at Celadon City and be able to challenge the leader to a battle. Having his fight against Brock inspired him to keep on fighting the other leaders. He wanted to learn to be better, to feel a deeper connection between himself and his Pokémon. But Mount Moon was the only way to get to Celadon City apart from flying on the back of a Pokémon, something that he currently could not do.

"Ambrose, come on out..." Ash stated, tapping softly the Puppy Pokémon's Poké Ball and letting Ambrose out. He could watch as Ambrose stood proudly, which made him chuckle slightly. He knew just how him Pokémon would always react when he asked something of him. Ash knew that if he could help it, to not take advantage of his Pokémon. But he was no expert in using his aura, at least not yet. "Would you be able to make some light? It's a bit dark..."

"Of course, Alpha!" Ash had to chuckle at Ambrose once more, enjoying the enthusiasm he always seemed to let out. He never gets a negative response from Ambrose; the Puppy Pokémon was always willing to do whatever he tells him to do. It seems that Ambrose relishes in pleasing him in every moment that he could. "Leave everything to Ambrose!"

"Thank you..." He whispered softly, caressing the ear of his Pokémon a bit. That action elated a soft purr to escape Ambrose's lips, though he didn't seem to care about it. That just made Ash make a small grin over his lips as he watched Ambrose let out a small fiery veil across his body to shine a path through Mount Moon.

Ash walked alongside Ambrose, trying his best to make their way through the dark cavern. He looked around, the inside of Mount Moon seemingly devoid of life. He would have liked to face up against anything that would allow him to get better in a fight. But his eyes immediately caught up with a sudden movement, and an excited smile appeared on his face.

"Aaron! Help me out!" Ash threw the Poké Ball softly, with Aaron landing on one knee against the ground. Ash could see just how his Riolu looked towards his opponent, knowing full well that they were at odds against this specific Pokémon. But Ash knew that he had to work around their weaknesses as well. He could not always make them face Pokémon that they were strong against.

"Is the Zubat my opponent, Master?" Ash just nodded, ignoring the last word coming out of Aaron's mouth. He was still not accustomed to being regaled as someone important, he would always prefer if they would use his name. But that was not here or there.

"Yes. Now, use Vacuum Wave to make-"

"Wait! Please don't attack!" Ash widened his eyes in shock, stopping his words midway. He looked just how the Zubat, the Bat Pokémon, rapidly moved its wings at a very fast pace. Ambrose and Aaron were now looking at him in confusion, obviously understanding the words of the Bat Pokémon, but were awaiting his orders. "Please, trainer, we need your help!"

"We?" Ash uttered in confusion, but it was then that he saw what was around them. A colony of Zubat was around them, with Ash unconsciously releasing his remaining Pokémon. Eleanor and Evelyn were surrounding Ash, with Ambrose and Aaron doing the same in return. The four of them had made a perimeter around Ash, protecting him in case any of the Zubat around them wanted.