The Marvelous Encounter

He walked peacefully through the road, his feet carrying him towards his next destination. He had a smile on his face. His mind wandered off to what had happened mere moments ago. Remembering that just before he left Cerulean City, Daisy had been waiting for him at the exit of the city. The faint blush that she had on her face, only made him gain one himself. She gave him her contact information, something that immediately made him blush even harder just by remembering their farewell. If he didn't admit that she was the girl he could see himself with in the far future, then he would be lying to himself. She was honestly the only girl that had made him react in such a way, something that only Gary's older sister had achieved. And that information was something that he was going to take to the grave, less he wanted Gary to hound him for the rest of his life.

He sighed dreamily, his mind imagining a scenario between the two. He would have loved to have her traveling with him throughout Kanto, but he knew that she had responsibilities. Not only did she have to take care of her sisters, but she was also one of the Gym Leaders of Cerulean City and one of the most popular from the water show that she and her sisters hosted. He knew that only they would have mere moments between the two actually spent together. But knowing that the two of them would be able to keep in touch, he was happy. Ready to answer any call that he may get from her in the future.

"Maybe I should stop for a bit and eat" He muttered, looking around as he started walking at a slower pace. He was definitely not hungry, but he would eat with his Pokémon. He had thankfully stocked on Poké Food before heading out of Cerulean City. It was thanks to the Poké Dollars he had earned in the match between Daisy and himself that he managed to get the food necessary for them. He needed to take care of them, it was his responsibility to do so. He couldn't imagine making his Pokémon starve just because he forgot to buy food for them. It would make him feel guilty about it for a very long time.

He kept walking, until his eyes saw a very beautiful scenery in front of him. A prairie was in front of him, the soft grass and the river beside made his eyes shine quite brightly. He even saw a large tree, which gave the prairie a nice shadow to rest on. The area his eyes were seeing was the perfect place to rest for a bit. They could even eat and have a bit of fun before heading out on their adventure once again. So, with a grin on his face, Ash walked a bit faster towards the shadow provided by the tree. His mind was already thinking of many things he had to do. But he would relax while he had the time to do so.

He reached the prairie, his body relaxing against the tree. He could feel the cooling wind against his face as he slowly let himself fall down to the grass below. A sigh escaped from his lips, smiling since he was lucky to find such a place. He carefully picked up each of his five Poké Balls, his smile never diminishing. He wanted everyone to have an enjoyable moment. They deserved it from the amazing battle that they went through.

"Come on out, everyone!" He tossed all of his Poké Balls up to the air. The spheric spheres released all of the Pokémon inside them. Each of his Pokémon cheered at being left out of the capsule. He smiled at them, just by seeing them happy was making him happy as well. He even watched just how Ambrose ran at him, his arms catching the Puppy Pokémon in glee. He chuckled loudly at the chirpy Growlithe.

"Alpha!" Ash huffed in slight discomfort, feeling the body of his very own Growlithe pushing against his chest. His back collided against the ground, a soft groan escaping from his lips while he adjusted himself carefully. Yet even with that, he was happy about the interactions between himself and his Pokémon. He felt he was closer to his Pokémon, a trust built on the adventures that they have been through. While he had bigger bonds with his first Pokémon, it didn't mean that he hadn't created any lasting memories with his most recent captures.

"Hey, Ambrose..." Ash whispered softly, earning him a soft growl of appreciation from the Puppy Pokémon. He moved his hand carefully, latching towards the ear of the Growlithe before he started to scratch at it carefully. Ambrose immediately let out a satisfied growl from his throat, adjusting his body carefully to allow him to keep on scratching his ears. It only made him smile in return, his hand moving from one ear to another. "You are enjoying this aren't you?"