십이(12)

Joshua eventually came to Seokmin's room and tried his very best to focus on the check up on Seokmin and not to his bestfriend who has been boring holes into his head. Admittedly, Joshua felt uncomfortable under Jeonghan's intense gaze on him.

Then there's Seungcheol trying desperately to ignore the tension in the room which was really hard to do because the tension gets thicker by the minute. The longer Joshua stayed in the room, the tension only grew and it was starting to suffocate Seungcheol but he didn't dare say anything or even comment at that. He just distracts himself with his phone that was now being recharged.

Bless Seokjin's soul for letting Seungcheol borrow his charger and now Seungcheol has been texting his eldest son non-stop as he wasn't used to being this far from his sons and Soonyoung was more than willing to give him assurance that they were fine every other minute.

A loud sigh made Seungcheol look up from his phone and he saw Joshua writing something down on his clipboard. The frown on his face already gave Seungcheol the feeling it was not good.

"So how is my son Doctor Hong?" Jeonghan asked with no emotions whatsoever and that made Joshua to subtly flinched.

Seungcheol noticed that and could only feel pity for the poor doctor.

"Uhm It's not good. His heartrate is low and his blood pressure is even lower. We might need to give him a new set of vitamins to help his body fight but that will cost a lot because the vitamins are made specifically for children who has cancer to help strengthen their immune system." Joshua paused as he wants to see and hear his bestfriend's reaction.

While Joshua's words only answered Seungcheol's questions from when they entered the Oncology ward for Children. He didn't want to believe it at first but now Joshua has indirectly confirmed it, Seungcheol could hear his heart crumble as sadness engulfs his entire being.

Seokmin has cancer or had cancer. Seungcheol is not sure about which either and he will need a lot of courage if he were to ask that to Jeonghan.

When Jeonghan didn't say anything, Joshua continues, " But if you like, I could put the medicine bills under my name so you won't have to pay anyth–"

"No." Jeonghan said as he stares directly at Joshua. " I will and I can pay for my own son's medicines. I don't need your help."

Joshua opens his mouth to protest but closed it immediately as he knew that when Jeonghan makes a decision, there's is no changing his mind. But then again the medicines are really expensive and there is now way Jeonghan could afford them that easy.

"Okay, I'll let you pay for the medicine but atleast let me take care of the hospital bills. Jeonghan I–" Joshua was cut off by Jeonghan abruptly standing with a hard glare on his face.

"I said No. I can handle this on my own. Thank you for your help but I don't need anything else from you. Your Job is to make sure my son lives and not to do some charity works." Jeonghan spat. Anger painted all over his face but he tried with all his might to restrain himself for the sake of his sleeping son.

Hurt flashed on Joshua's face but he immediately masked with a stoic look and just nodded his head. For a brief moment Seungcheol and Joshua made eye contact, the pain in the latter's eyes was evident but he immediately averts his eyes before Seungcheol could see more emotions.

Joshua left the room with no other words said and the tension in the room lessened but it was still there.

Seungcheol turned to Jeonghan and saw the man just standing there. Shoulders slumped and his head hung low making his long blond hair cover his face for Seungcheol not to see what was happening.