A fox who can't hunt

An overbearing smell filled the air. You jolted up, holding a hand over your nose. You've been in the mansion for a long while now and you've never smelt anything this bad before. "BEN?" You called out, "You burned pizza again?" Crater whined and pawed at his nose. You patted his head and hopped off the bed, pinching your nose still. Crater followed close behind.

As soon as you opened the door a small ball of auburn hair ran past, giggling. Sally followed close behind, panting and smiling. You blinked at the two girls, tilting your head at the second girl you've never seen before. Sally finally caught her breath and smiled at you. "Good morning, (Y/N)!" You slowly nodded. The other girl stared up at you. "Who's she, Sal?" She hissed, grabbing Sally's hand tightly. The brunette giggled and grabbed your hand. "This is (Y/N)! She's new to the mansion, Liz!" 

Lizari was a short girl with long straight chocolate hair that brushed over her forehead and came to a bow lower on her hair. Her bloody eyes glared up at you. She was maybe 4'8. She was on the more pale side with long legs. She had a pretty cotton red dress that reached her knees, a blue stuffed creature held in her hand. "Hi!" She giggled. "I'm Lizari." She shoved her hand out. Slowly, you took her hand into yours. "(Y/N)..." Lizari quickly sped off with scary speed, leaving Sally in the dust. You watched after her, confused. Sally laughed. "She's just being shy! Liz just got back from a mission last night." She gasped. "Puppy!" Crater yelped as Sally rubbed at his ears, then allowed her to do so happily. 

"I found him last night... I don't know how he got inside." You told her. Sally shrugged. "We can keep him, right?" Sally's bright green eyes stared up at you, a small pout forming. "Uh... Yes?" Sally squeaked and hopped around. "Yay! What's his name?" "Crater,"

Sally raised her eyebrows, a move she picked up from the other pasta's when confused. "Crater?" She sounded out the name slowly, letting it rest on her tongue for a moment. She scrunched up her face. "Why Crater?" She examined the fox closely, crouching down to his level. Crater curiously leaned forward, taking a sniff of Sally's candy-like scent. "He looks more like a Baby Blue to me," She pouted. You shrugged, "Well, It's Crater." You glanced down at the fox to see his large moon eyes staring up at you in hunger. You clicked your tongue and gave a small bow to Sally, moving past her briskly and wondering into the kitchen. Your lips pressed into a fine line as you looked over the dog foot Smile ate and then to Crater, who was sniffing at the tiles and bouncing around the wooden table. 

Deciding against the dog food you made your way into the spacious backyard, admiring the treeline and looking for any creature close by for Crater to munch on. A short sigh reached your lips as you slowly your eyepatch, using the new view to easily find some small rodents scurrying around. You clicked your tongue again, "Crater," you called softly. The beautiful fox ran into your leg, yipping happily while sniffing you excitedly, his ears flopping when he smelt no food.

Your lip twitched upward before it fell, looking out to the small mice in the field. "Hunt. Do you know how?" You peeked at the fox, seeing him take no mind to your words. You let out a low huff, patting your thigh as you went to the field, the mice standing out in a brightly colored red. You inhaled, looking to the mansion before shamefully dropping to your hands and knees, lowering your chest and stomach close to the ground. Crater watched your movements carefully, tilting his small head. You took a glance at him before awkwardly moving towards the mice, gathering some shadows to your mouth to make a fake snout with teeth so he could understand how it goes. You, completely embarrassed, pounced at one of the field mice, your makeshift snout clamping around the creature and piercing the soft flesh, blood dripping from the rodents sides. You pranced back to the fox and dropped it and getting back onto your feet.

"Try it now." You pointed to the anxious group of mice, sniffing around and squeaking to one another in fear. Crater lowered his ears, bringing himself close to the dirt and perked an ear at you, his wide eyes questioning. You nodded and he turned his focus back onto his meal, his paws making little to no sound as he creeped forward, taking one last glance at you before he pounced. His little jaws closed around a violently squeaking mouse, sinking deep into the meat on its fat. The other mice scurried away fearfully. You nodded, pride swimming throughout your blood as Crater happily brought his meal over to the first dead mouse, dropping it and sniffing. 

Your head reached out and rubbed between his ears, then right behind them. "Good boy, you did well," Your eyes said what your nonexistent smile couldn't, Crater yipped gleefully and dug into his fresh (and first) kill. You wondered how he survived until now, he was well over a few months old, so why didn't Momma fox teach him and his possible siblings how to hunt? You brushed the thought away, it didn't matter, all that concerned you was the fact the little fox had made his kill and now knew how to hunt rodents. 

A thought popped to your mind. Maybe rodents wont be the only thing he can kill in the future.

After Crater finished his mini feast and you washed the traces of blood from his soft silky fur, you headed back inside to talk to Slender about your idea. You passed the cheesecake duo on your way to his office, stopping and staring into the dark void that was Masky's eyes. You nodded to him and Hoodie, patting the hooded mans head before continuing your walk, Crater following with a small jump in his step, still high on pride from his kill. 

You arrived at the large oak door, a metal plate with Slender's name engraved into the element. You rapped three quick times at his door before his static-like voice called you in. Slender was seated at his desk, a pile of old yellow folders and neat papers to his side. "Yes, (Y/n)? What is it you need?" His eyes caught sight of the grey and blue creature close to your feet and raised a brow. "And who is your new companion?" He looked back up at your expressionless face as you scooped up the sweet and innocent fox.

"I wanted to talk to you about training him to be one of us, like Smile." You glared into where his eyes would meet yours and he hummed, standing to his full height and walking around the desk he could've easily stepped over. To be proper, you thought.

Slender's long, nimble fingers pressed under Crater's snout, moving his little head up and down, side to side. Crater yipped and licked Slender's fingers happily, looking up at him with those enchantingly moon-like eyes. Slender seemed to falter, gazing into those eyes of Crater's before nodding.

"If you can train him to become a killer, like us, he can stay. If not..." Slender trailed, looking to you. "Kill it."

"I accept."