Chapter 11.

Pale skinned, long dark hair with a heart shaped face and a very breathtakingly pretty woman, Wesley's mother is.

She looks so peaceful and you can't help but look at her.

The resemblance is there between Wesley and she, and I'm pretty sure, he must miss her so much. I know how it feels to not have your mother present, there's a void in which she can only fill.

We remain seated at the back corner, him on the chair that he pulled from beside the bed and I, in the small single couch .

Right after introducing me to his mom, he'd taken a seat and just stayed in silence.

" It happened a few months after Christy passed, " he speaks up.

" Your sister?" He nods, throwing a glance my way.

" Mom wasn't the same, well we all weren't, we were all dealing with it differently. Talking wasn't an option, Jack distancing himself also played a part, he should have bloody been there for her but no, he was....." He huffs, rising to his feet and turning his back to me.

" One night, I tried to talk to her, I tried showing her his true nature, but she didn't listen, only storming out." He turns to face me.

With wet eyes he continues. " I tried calling her, I tried preventing her from going out for a drive in a stormy night, but she didn't listen, she didn't listen and now she's here, she's here and it's all my fault! " He staggers back, shutting his eyes and clenching his hands till they become white. His chest heaves up and down, where his body starts trembling.

Oh God, he's having a panic attack.

I rush over to him, with my hands on his shoulders, I try shaking him to attention.

" Wesley, Wesley, calm down." I try to tell him, but he's disappearing from me.

" It's my fault, " he falls to his knees, head hanging low.

I follow suit, getting on my knees. " It's not your fault, it was an accident, " he shakes his head in protest, not hearing my words.

" No, no, no."

Frustration hits me, with not knowing what to do, how I can help him.

" I-I c-can't breathe, " he says, voice rapid.

What do I do? What do I do?

He keeps mumbling incoherent words, not making any sense.

" Wesley, snap out of it!" I slap him across the face, shocking both of us and his wide eyes stare at me, though he can't see me.

Through desperation, I lean forward where my lips meet his. At the brink of relaxing into it, I jerk back and my eyes grow wide in astonishment.

What did I just do?

His own blink open, looking half dazed.

I gulp, staring at him.

He opens his mouth to speak but then, the door opens and I jump up onto my feet. Jack enters and his eyes are quick to notice Wesley on his knees, and the tense air.

Thank God Wesley gets on his feet, but he takes a step closer to me and I take one back, making him frown.

" Your brother is looking for you, " Jack says.

" I should go." Like I've been given an out, I rush out of there, not even daring to look back.

" Are you ready to go?" I nod, taking my bag from Owen and following them out of the hospital.