Chapter 24.

" Is it here already? " I ask Anita, when I notice her in the kitchen, ignoring the sound of footsteps chasing after me.

She turns around, wiping her hands dry.

" Well yes -------------" I don't even wait for her to finish, before starting for the door.

" Chloe, wait!" I hear him call after me, but I ignore him.

Right when I reach the door, I open it, only for it to suddenly get slammed shut, I'm soon spun around and caged between the door and a panting Wesley.

" Wait."

" Leave me alone Adams." I say in warning, trying to push him back but his hands on my shoulders, prevent me from doing anything.

" You're mad at me," he states.

" And I wonder why?" I arch my brow.

" Look, I just ----------"

" You used me Wesley, you bloody used me!" This time when I push him away, he staggers back in surprise.

" I know and I'm so -------"

" Don't you dare say it, because I'll be tempted to kill you right now, then walk away." I grit out.

" Kill me but don't walk away," he quickly says.

We remain staring at each other for a few seconds, before I break eye contact.

" I know you want to strangle me right now, and yes, I agree with you but before that, can you just listen to me for a sec." I remain silent but still don't look at him.

" I had no reason to do what I did, it's just that I was so mad that ----------"

" That's it." I look at him." That's just it, you were mad. You're always mad Wesley, and in that space, you do irrational and hurtful things which one day, a simple apology won't be able to fix." I say at one go, breathing hard after.

" I really hurt you, didn't I?" He says, as his eyes take in my whole face.

He takes a step closer.

I don't say anything.

" I hurt you, gosh, I really hurt you." He mumbles to himself, almost in disbelief.

He leans in forward.

" What are you doing?" I hold out my hand, stopping him before he can get really close.

" I just need to be close, " he says.

" No, you're not going to use me." I push him away from me once again,  turning around and opening the door.

" Wait --------" I stop in my tracks, just a foot outside the door.

" Let me take you to school."

Well I do need to get to school and I don't have a ride.

" Fine, whatever." I mutter, stepping out of the house, just to wait outside.

I wave the awaiting cab away, notifying it that I will no longer go with it.

I'd feel awkward seeing Mr Adams right now, after last night. I don't think he meant for things to turn out the way they did, however, it did and I hope, the next time I see him, all of this would have been forgotton.

" Okay, give me a sec." That's all he says before rushing off, possibly going to take his bag.

I don't have to wait long when he returns, jogging down the stairs. I turn around and walk over to his car, before he can say anything.