Chapter 50

" So, how do we do this?" I ask, turning around to face Aiden.

I'm doing all I can to not let the tears fall.

" You know that this is not exactly goodbye."

" It's not the same Aiden, and you know it....."

He sighs, turning away from me and taking a seat at the edge of my bed. I join him after some time and we sit in silence for a few minutes.

" You really are pushing me to kick you out faster."

" Wow, someone's eager to get rid of me." I say sarcastically.

" Yeah, I am, because it'll be much easier to watch you walk away."

" Now, you're the one pushing me to run away." I say, looking away from him.

I can feel my tears pushing to come out.

He sighs. " So, how long will we keep doing this?"

"Until you tell me that you don't want me to go."

" I want you to go."

" Bloody traitor." I grumble, jumping to my feet and turning my back to him.

I hear him sigh again before he speaks. " Chloe, don't do this now."

" What am I doing?" I let out in a whisper.

" You are making me see this as us being seperated, instead of this moment being about a step ahead in our lives."

" You're making me sound selfish right now Aiden, and that's selfish of you." I complain, and it's by the time that the first tear falls down my face.

" Chloe..."He trails off.

I slowly turn around to face him and that's when the rest of my tears follow. A sad smile touches his lips as he pulls me into his arms.

I return his embrace, holding onto him tightly. We don't speak but hold onto each other.

" Why did you hug me now -You know that this is the worst idea to make things feel more easier. "

" I have no idea what I was thinking."

" What are you going to do without me?"

He laughs softly, pulling back to look at me. " I have no idea." He shakes his head with an amused look, flashing on his face.

I bite my lip and shift on my heel. " So, how does it feel to be an engaged man?"

Aiden had proposed to Ingrid a few days ago and she said yes. I found out about it one night when I overheard him talking, while I was asleep. Well, to put it in better words, I was halfway deep into sleep, but then Aiden chose that time, to keep practising on how he would break the news to me.

I literally threatened to bury him alive if he didn't stop bothering my sleep, so he had no other choice but to confess. I don't know why he was so nervous to tell me, but I was glad, to ease his worries and turn the night to one of celebration.

" It still feels weird, but good."

" I'll take good."

" And how does it feel to move in with your dad?"

" Crazy."

He chuckles, stepping closer and wiping away my tears.

" I'll take crazy. "

I laugh, shaking my head.

"Aiden, tell me why this is good for me." I plead quietly.

" This is the best thing for you. This day has been long overdue because from the beginning, you were never meant to be seperated from your father.