Chapter 39

" She will surely give me grey hairs faster than my age." I hear Aiden say, as I come back to consciousness.

It feels like I have been resting for so long and my body feels numb.

" What about Wesley, he looked so horrified when he returned here, with her unconscious." Ingrid says.

" By the way, where is he?" Aiden asks.

" Right here." The sound of Wesley's voice causes a heart reaction.

" Don't you want to head home and get some rest, it's likely that she'll sleep through out the night." Aiden suggests.

" No, I want to be here when she wakes up."

The sound of a cellphone echoes throughout the room, silencing them. It's not long that I hear a sigh, before Aiden answers, then people leave the room.

The bed dips and I feel hair being pushed away from my face.

" What am I going to do with you?" I hear Wesley say.

This must mean we are left alone.

My eyes flutter open and I blink a couple of times, getting rid of the blurriness. When my vision clears, Wesley's face is the first I see and that makes my heart to jump.

We stare at each other for a little while, thus, my mind welcomes a memory, one that turns me all tense and nervous.

' You had something to tell me last night. I'm here now Chloe, tell me what you wanted to say. Tell me Bluebear, I'm listening.' He pleads.

Gosh, his eyes are so amazing, they are like blue glass.

' Tell me Bluebear.' He urges desperately.

' I - '

He nods, encouraging me to continue.

' I-I l-like y-you Wesley. I have feelings for y-y-you.'

I break eye contact, still mentally asking myself if I really did it.

" You must remember your words to me then." My head whips to him. " Infact, it was a declaration."

He's enjoying teasing me, ofcourse he is.

" I don't remember anything." I deny.

Gosh, my voice sounds hoarse, it's scary.

" Then why can't you look me in the eyes right now?" He asks.

I don't answer at first, but start to sit up, only for my entire body to freeze in place, when I realize that I'm only in my undergarments.  My eyes snap to Wesley, whose own eyes have grown wide and his face quite red.

" Wesley....." He is quick to face the other way.

" I didn't see anything."

" You did, but we'll pretend you didn't." The slip of my tongue makes me to internally wince and right now, I want to facepalm myself.

Me and my big mouth.

" Either way, I respect you."

And right here and now, Wesley makes me fall for him even harder.

I try suppress my smile, when he rises to his feet and heads on to my closet. I watch him look through it, probably trying to figure out what to pick out for me.

" Maybe you can excuse me for a moment." I suggest.

He turns around to face me. I frown a little when he just looks at me for a few seconds, before rushing over to me. He takes a seat close to me, touches my face and connects our lips.