Chapter 46

~ Flashback~

' I think she's warming up to me being her father.' I hear Owen say.

I know that they think I'm still asleep, but I've long woken up now.

' You've been waiting for the day she calls you dad.' Aiden says.

'Yeah, but I know that I need to be patient, and wait for her to get comfortable around me again.'

'Owen, she knows that she has no reason to be uncomfortable around you. She's just getting used to the idea of being your daughter, don't ever mistake this for her being uncomfortable. I know my sister, and she'll come around. "

' Maybe I should give her some space.' Owen says after a while.

' Owen ------------ '

'She needs to let this sink in, without me sticking around. She needs time to think. I should have gotten the hint, the moment she declined my offer, of her staying over at my place in her time of recovery. '

' I know that whatever I say now, won't change your mind. Both of you are so stubborn. All I ask is that you don't give up -----------'

' Never. I will never give up on my daughter. ' Owen says strongly, sounding almost offended by what Aiden said.

' Okay, just don't stay away for too long.'

' I won't.'

                     ~ End of Flashback~

Those were his words, but he hasn't come to see me, and it's almost been a week now. I'm bothered by this, I can't even lie.

I know that I once said that I didn't want to see him again, the night I found out about him being my father. I was angry, hurt, I felt betrayed, and there was pain in my heart. I let my anger and pain speak, but after the whole thing with Luis, and hearing Owen out, I've been trying to get used to this new normal. Infact, the whole normal thing.

It feels weird to not look over my shoulder, and not have to worry about Luis finding us. Not running, is something to get used to, and I know I will, in time.

After being shot and literally totured by Luis, I had to stay in the hospital for a whole of two weeks. I was not happy about this, but I knew that if I wanted a speedy recovery, I had to listen to everyone around me. So I did and before I knew it, I was back home.

I was so surprised by how Owen took so much charge, and literally paid for my hospital bills, no, basically everything. He was even willing to cover for a home nurse but I said no. I didn't want him to waste his money, I felt like I was using him, and that he shouldn't use so much money on me.

Oh gosh, when I said all of this, I received the scolding of my life. He told me that he wants to be able to give me everything I need and want, as my father, but when I grew silent on him, I could see how much that hurt him.

I don't understand why it's been so hard to get used to him as Owen, my father. I know I should be happy because Luis is not my dad, but there's just something holding me back.

Maybe it's that fear that Aiden identified. I don't like this withdrawal, it's not good for any of us. It hasn't been long and I haven't felt like myself, I don't know what to do about it.

What worries me the most, is that Wesley has taken notice of this too. Sometimes, in these past few days, we spent most of our time in silence. He's been a great boyfriend and has shown me so much patience. I worry that he might grow tired of waiting, for me to get back to my old self.