Chapter 16.

The drive had been silent , neither one of us speaking. Fin had offered his place for us to crash for the night, his parents were away for two weeks. I could have said yes and stayed over, but I just needed my own bed right now.

Arriving at his double story house, I helped him with Wesley, till he was settled in the spare room. I didn't know how he'd feel, waking up at Fin's house, since they weren't in speaking terms, but I knew that it was better than being at his house, where he was doing all he could to avoid his father.

Though I am mad at him, I couldn't do that to him.

I sit silently, waiting with a vegetable pack against my cheek. My mind is still wrapped around what had transpired between Owen and me. I still can't believe he did this to me, he actually raised his hand on me, even after knowing perfectly well, what I've gone through with Luis.

The one person who I considered a father figure in my life, hurt me, and I don't think I can get over this. The shock, pain, and betrayal, is still fresh, I can't even think straight.

I can't even determine what I'll do if I see him again.

" You should stay over, it's late." Fin says, coming down the stairs.

" No, I shouldn't ---------"

" You mean you won't, " he says, sitting down on the coffee table, facing me.

I shrug my shoulders.

" You know, it had been quite a while since I've seen this."

" What?" I frown in confusion

" Someone openly showing such concern for Wes."

" You mean, like you?" He averts his eyes elsewhere. " Why don't you talk to him?"

His head snaps to me." You don't think I haven't tried ?!" He jumps to his feet, his voice rising up a level, pacing up and down.

" What happened between you two?"

He sighs and sits back down. " When his sister died, I tried being there for him, and at first, he let me, but then his mom left and that's when he pretty much distanced himself away from everybody. He became someone I didn't recognise, he didn't care anymore, and it was like nothing else mattered but his pain.

You know, he told me once, that I didn't understand what he was going through, and maybe he was right, on that level, being a brother. But a part of me did, because she mattered to me too. Christy was important to me."

The look on his face, what he's showing me right now, is someone who's lost someone, but not just anyone, a very important person.

" Did you love her?"

" Of course I did, she was the first girl I've ever fallen in love with. "

" Did Wesley know?" His head drops and it's answer enough for me, nothing further to be said.

" We were waiting for the right time to tell him,we knew it was wrong to sneak around behind his back, of course, he was the most important person to us, but what we felt for each other ------------"

" Was stronger and more important at the time."

" That sounds way more harsher, as if we never cared. " He chuckles with no humour.

" How did he find out?"

I notice him tense up a bit and I suspect that it's bad.

" Don't judge me, but we let our hearts to take over and block out all sense."

I don't say anything, just letting him speak up.

" She wanted something good, memorable to keep, to be normal you know?  At first, I thought she was crazy to show up on my doorstep that night, but then I saw it with her, what she wanted and needed.

Our first night together. I was her first, while she was my heart's first."

I would have been aawing, if there wasn't more.

He sighs, a tired expression taking over his face.

" He wasn't meant to find out like that, but unfortunately he did, " before I can question him further, he continues." He found us in each others arms the next morning."

Ouch, I can already imagine everything that went down from there.

" I know, it was bad." He starts pacing once again.

" Well you were young and in love, "I try to say.

" He trusted me, he trusted me to take care of his sister, not try take advantage of his sister like he ----------"

" Did you take advantage of her?" He jerks around to face me.

" No! I loved her, I still do, " he trails off.

I feel bad for him, I've already seen things in his point of view, even though at first, I understood Wesley's.

These two friends need to be alone and actually talk. They need to understand each other, to see the other's point of view, for they'd both lost Christy.

" Talking, that's all you guys need to do." I hold out the pack to him." Thanks." I say.

" I'm sorry about tonight, I shouldn't have dragged you to -----------"

" I think you've apologised enough, I think you've been doing that for a while now."

He sighs, nodding.

" Would you like to watch a movie? I need something else to focus on."

I shouldn't stay any longer.

" Yeah,"  he nods, walking off to the kitchen, probably to fetch popcorn.

I decide to sit on the floor. I mean it's better to watch off the floor for me, I usually end up sleeping on the couch.

" Okay, so I've got a few snacks." He trails off when he sees me, arching his brow.

" Don't ask, " I warn, pointing at him.

" Wouldn't dare, " he says, grinning right after as he places the snacks on the coffee table, moving around to insert a movie in.

" So, what are we watching? "

" Baby driver." He says, settling down beside me.

" Hmm." He chuckles at me when I stuff my face with pop corn.

I throw the popcorn at him, rolling my eyes.

" Haha, I'm starting to get it now."

" What?"

" Why he likes you so much,"  I roll my eyes at him.

I'll pretend that I didn't hear that.