Chapter 42

It was just a bad dream, a nightmare to be exact.

But ofcourse, everyone around me is making a big deal out of this, and I can't even kick them out, because they're creepily watching me.

Aiden and Owen.

" You screamed." Aiden speaks up.

" Because I had a bad dream." I give my reason.

" It wasn't just any dream, was it?" Owen says.

I sigh, running my hand down my face.

" It was just a bad dream, that's all, you guys are getting worked up over nothing."

" It's not nothing." They both say at the same time.

" You screamed." Aiden repeats, making both Owen and me to give him a weird look.

Owen then turns to me again.

" What Aiden means,  is that we thought -----------"

" That I saw him or he was here, I know." I finish for him.

He nods.

" Look, I'm sorry for waking you guys up in the middle of the night, and thank you for coming to check on me, but I'm fine now and I'm sleepy now." I fake yawn, rubbing at my eyes.

" Chloe, are you sure you're okay?.....I mean, besides the dream you just had."

" Yeah, I'm all good. I thought these past weeks were proof enough for you." I frown at him.

" Yeah but ----------"

" Aiden, don't make this into a big deal. I don't want to think about....." I trail off, leaving everything hanging in the air.

He sighs.

" Okay, got it." He gets off my bed and comes over to me, kissing the top of my head. " We won't get into all of that ."

" Thank you."

My phone suddenly rings and when I see Wesley's name on the screen, my heart skips a beat.

" Could you guys excuse me, please." I glance up at them.

" I didn't forget about our needed conversation." Owen says, rising to his feet.

" Oh, Aiden said he'll explain everything, you know, as the big brother and all."

Aiden throws a glare my way, behind Owen's back, before fixing his expression when Owen turns to him.

I mentally smirk at him before answering the call.

" Hey........" I say, gesturing for both of them to leave my room now.

It would just be weird to have them here, listening to my conversation with Wesley.

" I can't believe you answered." He says in surprise.

I chuckle, glancing at the door where Owen lingers, watching me for a moment before walking out.

I frown a bit, but don't disappear from the conversation I'm having with Wesley.

" Wait, you answered, there must be a reason. Why are you up so late?"

I sigh, laying back on my bed, knowing I can't exactly hide this from him.

" I was asleep but I had a dream. That's what woke me up earlier."

" Was it a bad dream?"

" Hmm."

" Was it about him?"

I sigh again yet don't answer.

Not giving him an answer, seems to be answer enough for him, because he speaks up again. " I'm coming over."