Petty Pansies

✵♥⚘

✵♥⚘

Bakugo had been suffering for a week. A whole week! And he still hadn't come to tell his mother. He didn't want to appear weak to the one person he was trying to impress. All the big talk of entering U.A. College and becoming the number one hero would be put to shame. Bakugo couldn't slip up. His pride was starting to make him feel small.

Bakugo had been avoiding everybody and everything, or at least trying to. He wasn't sure what the trigger was yet. The petals seemed to come and go at random times. Well, maybe not too random. Bakugo came to realize they mostly appeared when he was feeling a strong emotion. Which totally sucked considering Bakugo was always frustrated.

It had only been a week of disassociating and Katsuki already felt alone. He had stopped going to lunch and started staying in the library. Nobody would think Bakugo would hang out there so it was a perfect hideaway.

He missed his friends.

Friend.

Bakugo felt like he was back at square one. It was like he lost Ren all over again. But the blonde knew, this time, it was all his fault. Maybe he was just being petty.

The library door opened revealing a yellow-haired boy with a stupid black streak.

Kaminari had dragged Bakugo to a hair salon two weeks ago to get it done. Denki had been super excited; he loved being flashy. The streak was supposed to resemble a bolt to match his quirk. Bakugo thought this upgrade brought Kaminari only this much closer to becoming a full fledged Pikachu.

After Denki's hair had been dyed, he couldn't stop smiling. And Bakugo didn't want him to. It was the happiest he'd seen Denki, if that was possible. The whole way home Kaminari excitedly talked about enrolling to U.A. and how the black bolt made him one step closer to his perfect costume design.

"I know it's your lunch break but I had to return this book." Kaminari held the book up and rested it on his shoulder. (you know, like in the animes lol). As he walked closer to the librarian's desk Bakugo hid behind a shelf. Coward!

"Oh no, it's fine. I just finished anyways." The librarian moved something around on her desk and reached for Kaminari's book. "How's school? How are you parents?"

Great. Bakugo had chosen the one faculty member that was closest to Kaminari. She was sure to rat Katsuki out at any mention of his name.

"School's great. My parents are great. You know? It's all good." Bakugo watched as Kaminari tilted his head and let out a toothy grin. The hot head's stomach dropped. Denki's life was fine without him.

He could feel his lungs get heavy. The tickling sensation had turned to a scraping feeling over the past week. Bakugo's heart was pounding so loud he couldn't hear what the other two were discussing. His breathing was coming out in low grunts. At this rate Kaminari would definitely hear him and Bakugo doubted the librarian would stop the dunce from looking around.