Beginning of the End

No gif, just this amazing artwork I stumbled across on Tumblr

✵♥⚘

It had been a rough trip for Bakugo and Kaminari. Both teens had to struggle towards boosting their grades—Kaminari more than Bakugo—if either wanted to get into UA University, the top prestigious pro-hero college.

To Kaminari's dismay Bakugo never called him, never texted him, and never spoke to him after being discharged from the hospital. Mitsuki had begged for Denki to visit and help her 'hell spawned son' with English. He had graciously accepted the invitation only to be thrown out by Kacchan's yelling. The ash blond was dead set on getting into the university all by himself. The boy's pride had grown along with a few other things.

Bakugo had changed after the surgery. Kaminari and Katsuki's parents noted new and strange behaviors from the teen. Bakugo seemed to get angry at everything. He started back-talking teachers, screaming at kids, and even using his quirk on lesser students, threatening them to do better. His patience with people who didn't try their best had diminished into nothing, and he didn't seem to take crap from anyone.

And another thing... he swore. He swore a lot.

Kacchan swore at babies, he swore at classmates, he swore at teachers, and worse of all he swore at his parents. The parents that tried so hard at being supportive and adapting to their son's new personality. Bakugo seemed to be brimming with hate—love didn't even fit.

The closest Kaminari had seen Katsuki get to loving something was when he praised pro-heroes, mostly Allmight. Praise could be a form of love, right?

Hanahaki couldn't strip someone of all their love, Denki just wouldn't accept it. He knew somewhere deep down, emotional love was still there. Just look at Katsuki's self-love!

One thing Kaminari had hoped and hoped for was Hanahaki not effecting friendships, he could understand taking away the love of friends but not the act of taking away the physical friendship.

From what Kaminari found on the internet, Hanahaki only took away Eros, romantic love. So why was Bakugo's affectionate love so low while his self-love was so high?

It also seemed that, under all the swearing and slamming of doors, Bakugo's familiar love was still strong.

Instead of studying Kaminari would lay on his bed, eyes scanning his ceiling, as he went into deep thought of why some loves stayed when others went away.

He knew Kacchan liked him. No, 'liked' was an understatement. Kacchan loved him. He had received Hanahaki due to his love of Kaminari. The confession had been hasty and accidental as the two boys said their goodbyes, leaving Denki with a heavy pit at the bottom of his stomach.

Anxiety and guilt were ugly monsters.

Had Bakugo's love for him been so immense that he forgot Kaminari completely? A shrivel of hope was blown away in the ride back from the hospital. Bakugo couldn't even remember their friendship. He didn't remember Kaminari. The day they slid down a slide together and the moment shared in Autumn were gone. All of the laughs and smiles had been lost.

Kaminari promised to make new memories with Kacchan but it was difficult when the ash blond hated everyone and exclaimed loudly in class that 'I don't need friends, I need to be the best. You're all merely background extras on my way to the top.'              

Now, Denki was simply a floating rose petal in the back of Bakugo's mind.

It was a scary thing being in the background after having so much time in the limelight.
~~+~~

Whoowhoo my friendssss, This is the Intro to the last chapter,

Fun!